or Connect

Posts by Highlander01

Or any of his other books?   And if you have what do you think of him and his books?
Welcome to the site!!!!!   I know what you mean I basically did the same thing concerning food (bad thing is I could have gone into the ARMY as an airborne cook straight out of high school but at the time I laughed it off)
Arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) With a little hot sauce ... delicioso!!
I have to disagree ... salt doesn't make ice colder ... the salt does however dissolve the ice and allow the water to get to lower temps before it freezes ... as for making ice cream I think the biggest advantage that the salt gives you is surface area, the more surface area you have the quicker your ice cream base will become cold and solidify, but putting ice in a bucket with salt doesn't make it colder at least to the best of my knowledge.
Are you going to be making a lot of crepes?   Personally the chasseur being enameled I would be worried I would chip it, I'm not a big fan of non stick pans and the De Buyer will probably be fairly heavy also I am not sure what metal type B is but if it is anything like the Matfer Bourgeat pans that I have I love them (really heavy but you get used to the weight over time and just as good as non stick for food not ... well sticking!!!!  )     Also will you be...
For home use I normally use 2 egg yolks 1 tbls lemon juice 2 tsp mustard (your choice of type) salt and pepper to taste + / - 1/2 cup vegetable oil   Granted other than the 2 egg yolks I normally just eyeball everything else Key to making mayonnaise is to add the oil very slowly at first until you get it to the consistency that you like (and yes you can add to much)   Depending on how lazy I'm feeling or how fast I want to be done I use either a whisk...
That was awesome ... I loved the line ( Scots shouldn't own barbeques and he won't let me help )  
Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy yourself here there is a lot of great info and knowledge to be found here!!!!  
hash, pot pies, po boys, turkey and dumplings
Water in the morning instead of at night ... are they in a well drainable pot or do the pots hold water? Other than that just make sure the dirt in the pot is damp not wet (put your finger into the soil up to the first joint to test) and that they get plenty of sun