or Connect

Posts by Highlander01

Are you going to be making a lot of crepes?   Personally the chasseur being enameled I would be worried I would chip it, I'm not a big fan of non stick pans and the De Buyer will probably be fairly heavy also I am not sure what metal type B is but if it is anything like the Matfer Bourgeat pans that I have I love them (really heavy but you get used to the weight over time and just as good as non stick for food not ... well sticking!!!!  )     Also will you be...
For home use I normally use 2 egg yolks 1 tbls lemon juice 2 tsp mustard (your choice of type) salt and pepper to taste + / - 1/2 cup vegetable oil   Granted other than the 2 egg yolks I normally just eyeball everything else Key to making mayonnaise is to add the oil very slowly at first until you get it to the consistency that you like (and yes you can add to much)   Depending on how lazy I'm feeling or how fast I want to be done I use either a whisk...
That was awesome ... I loved the line ( Scots shouldn't own barbeques and he won't let me help )  
Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy yourself here there is a lot of great info and knowledge to be found here!!!!  
hash, pot pies, po boys, turkey and dumplings
Water in the morning instead of at night ... are they in a well drainable pot or do the pots hold water? Other than that just make sure the dirt in the pot is damp not wet (put your finger into the soil up to the first joint to test) and that they get plenty of sun
I second the trick with the paper bag ...works great with plaintains too!!!
At first glance I thought it was a miter box ... awesome job!!!!!!!!  
Tell me about it, I was one of those guys ... I was out of work for over 13 months, luckily my wife works and about the only bills we have is a mortgage, car payment and utilities, so I am definately grateful.
Thanks guys I really appreciate it   @Marcata, I can use all of the luck I can get and with some extra luck I will be back to visit your part of the world within the next year or two .... well Barcelona anyways  :)