or Connect

Posts by Highlander01

I just tried to install RecipeFox and it stated that it wouldn't work with my version of FireFox ... and I use version 8 .. hmmm wierd
I'm guessing your not finding it due to the fact that it would be considered insider trading or a trade secret  :)   Or it could be something as simple as the professionals take it for granted that this is common knowledge and that anyone that cooks on a regular basis knows about it
Oil in the batter instead of water to keep the moisture levels down and promote safer frying maybe?   Other than that I'm not sure   Maybe a difference in texture?
Being able to stretch the dough enough that you can see light through it without it tearing is what the window pane test is so your spot on with that one ... AP stands for All Purpose How long are you letting the bread machine "do it's thing"?   Just for grins and giggles try this   Put all of your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl including yeast, get all of your wet ingredients to temperature, put it all together and mix by hand, once the dough is...
Your formula is very similar to Peter Rienhart's for simple white bread except he has 1 large egg in his, I actually use his formula all of the time for making bread using either a regular bread pan or pullman pan and I have been getting great results. There are a few things that I do different however ... 1) I don't use a bread machine ... or mixer for that matter, I do however use a scale and at a minimum I weigh my flour, butter and sugar 2) I use warm water not...
I didn't mean to come across quite so strong but you did ask the questions   Any parties up at the CIA? Hot girls? Night life?   Those are questions concerning the party life at CIA not the education.   But as it were,welcome to ChefTalk and by all means tell us a little about yourself ie... how long have you been in the culinary field, why did you chose CIA and which campus are you planning on attending?
If your going there to party I would suggest you do yourself a favor and find a cheaper school .... better yet skip the schools entirely and just go out and hit the clubs .... it would be a lot easier on your bank account and you wouldn't be wasting anyone's time other than your own.
Not sure just yet but I think that may have done it .. Thanks Phatch I really appreciate it.
It practically blocks the entire page and I have to close it to see anything, I am running FireFox 8.0   And as I said this isn't just a now and then thing ... this is every single time I go from one page to another here at ChefTalk
I hate to admit it but I have been trying to get back into the workforce for almost an entire year now and to say the least I'm at the point to where I'm wondering if I will ever get a job, ever place I go to says the same thing "We can take your application but we aren't really hiring right now".   I have been applying to a lot of places online ie.. sending E-Mails and faxing and for the most part never hear back from them or it turns out to be a scam, and the ones...