or Connect

Posts by Highlander01

You should be able to buy it at any local grocery store also look for manteca, it's the same thing just turn the box around and suprise !!! ... LARD
  Can you really argue with this one?
Don't forget bacon grease !!!!!    
Welcome to the forums St. Louis it's good to have you here ... interesting that's where I was born actually.   Enjoy your time here!!!!!!!
I think my first cookbook was Easy Basics For Good Cooking by Sunset that I bought at a yard sale sometime after my wife and I were married, I remember seeing some of my mom's hand written recipes when I was younger but I haven't been able to find those for years and with my dad passing away back in April unfortunately I'm pretty sure that they are gone forever (to the best of my knowledge she never owned a cookbook). Her and my dad both were excellent home cooks (my...
Ummmm in my defense and I seriously plead the 5th or the 1st, 2nd or what have you, I promise I didn't tell your hubby a thing!!!!!!! It wasn't the "Don't forget the cannoli" type of look was it?     On a serious note is this pickled bell peppers that your looking for here are they spicy or roasted or anything ... crunchy, soft, salty canned in pickling solution or oil maybe?
Are you talking about a regular bell pepper or the long italian cooking peppers ... I can't remember the exact name ... cubanele or something like that?   Plus you have to remember your competing with a memory and I'm willing to bet the memory of what they tasted like will win more times than the actual taste ... plus with most people no body cooks better than mama ..... except grandma or in your husbands case nonna!!!!!
I need ideas for things I can grow in the garden this late in the year now that the weather is starting to cool off ... I know I can plant mustard greens but I really don't know that much about what to grow for late summer and fall weather .... I grew up in a family that grew a garden every year until the time I was about 13 and due to a loss in the family we stopped growing a garden so I am clueless as to what I can grow late in the year.   Any and all...
Mmmmm bacon ... I really like the sound of that ... the only problem now is I'm pretty sure that I just used the last of what I had for the season :(   I guess I could use some from the grocery store though.
I have been wondering how this would turn out so I am wondering if anyone has tried this and what the results were ... I'm sure somewhere and sometime it's been done before.   Any input is greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance