or Connect

Posts by Highlander01

Being from (and still there) the southeast U.S. I have always called it que - men So more or less that's close enough to que man   :)
Welcome to the forums I for one hope you enjoy your stay!!!!!
I have an enameled Lodge dutch oven and it works great ... granted the Le Creuset is much prettier but I think I would rather scuff up a lodge (much cheaper and by all accounts the same)
It's sad really but these among other culinary professions/arts are becoming extinct the world over and from my travels the U.S. is one of the worst there is. It seems like the world over has gotten caught up in such a whirlwind of fast food and convenience foods that the hand crafted culinary arts are getting left in the past and to me that is an absolute shame.   For example I can almost guarantee that the majority of the people if asked on the street if they...
In our profile section where we can select our culinary background is there any particular reason that "Baker" isn't one of the options?   There are choices like Butcher, Pastry Chef and so on but not baker ... nothing against anyone being a butcher but I would think the option of baker would be just as popular if not more so than being a butcher ... in all honesty I wish there were more butcher shops in my area (there might actually be a decent selection if there...
I myself graduated from ITT back in 1997 with a degree in Electronics Engineering Technology ... does that make me an engineer? ... ahhh HELL NO!!!! We were told straight out that what we were learning was the basics and that the real learning/training would be on the job and for the last 15+ years I have worked in the field of electronics more or less with a lot of mechanical work thrown in as well (not counting since December when I got laid off and have been unable to...
I gotta go with KYH on this one plus I myself would like to add this ... there are only 2 ways that I can think of that will get you honest to goodness FRESH vegetables 1) Grow them yourself 2) Farmer's market   The veggies that they sell at the grocery store I can pretty much promise you are not fresh and like KYH said they really don't taste all that great to begin with (if you have ever eaten a tomato fresh and ripe off of the vine you will know what I'm...
For the last couple of days for some reason I cannot connect to google or bing when trying to do an online search ... wiki works just fine and I have also noticed that web pages seem to be loading REAALLYY slowly. I am running Windows XP sp 3 and I have tried using FireFox, Internet Explorer and Opera and all 3 seem to be doing the same thing .... I did try using an older laptop and although it's slow search engines seem to work properly.   Is this some type of...
I'm looking for forums where people (proffesionals as well as home cooks/bakers) discuss techniques and troubleshooting for pastries more so than baking bread ... videos and recipes/formulas would be nice as well.
I feel your pain Leeniek I live in East Tn. and the summers are hot and humid here to begin with and now to top it off we have a heat wave on our hands ... so for all of you people out there that love the so called "warm weather" about all I can say it this    Do you see the kind of misery this crap can cause!!!! .... give me a crisp frosty autumn day anytime over this    And remember    You can always put on more clothes but you can only take off so much...