Posts by Chefross

I am particularly angry at the salesperson who knows nothing about their product line and must put their face in a laptop to try to find what you want, and then take up a lot of time because they don't know how to use the product program.
Chef....As I read your paragraph, I see red flags everywhere. So you're saying that in 2 short years this place has had 3 Chefs and 3 Sous Chefs?   Doesn't that make you think "HHHHMMMMMM?"   While I agree with YOU, it would seem as though the owner has other agendas. Tread lightly here....
I found myself organizing my home kitchen much the same way as I did at work. Cabinets and drawers are arranged for the best possible access, with the least amount of movement.   I love those no slip rubber mats. I use them under the food processor, the Kitchen-Aid mixer, and my cutting boards. They wash easy and can air dry folded over a hanger.  Chefwriter, I put ingredients back in their respective cabinets as soon as I am done weighing and measuring. I keeps clutter...
 Great answer Someday. I do the exact same method. I use cod as my filler for my lobster sausages. I use hog casings too.
I would take each cap, scrape the fins on the inside to reveal the back of the shell, blanch them for 1 minute in simmering water, pat them dry.   Make your crab mixture with some white sauce to hold it together. Spread the amount in the cap. Create a par stock as these freeze well, but only if you take the time to blanch before.   When you get an order, the cap goes on a broiler plate then under the broiler. If you don't have a broiler then a 500 degree oven until...
Welcome to Cheftalk texbaker...........   Yes I can understand why the two taste similar. There is a slight difference in the recipes though. Brioche and Kolache are both yeast raised doughs.   Brioche has a higher butter content. The water in the butter steams while baking creating a flaky and light crust. While Kolache is used more as a dessert in the form of cookies that are fruit filled, Brioche is more of a breakfast bread or afternoon tea.
Todd...welcome to ChefTalk. I love how the outside world finds new and interesting words for things that have been around for a long time. Brining meat is not rocket science. The idea here is to make your end product more juicy and flavorful. The one example I can think of which would answer both yours and Mimi's question would be corned beef. In mid February I make a salt brine with pickling spice. I bring it to a simmer to dissolve all the salt then allow it to cool. I...
Thank you....... Using SCM is only one way to make the pie.I think that maybe someone, somewhere, invented the use of SCM to help homemakers so they don't spend 15 or so minutes standing over a double boiler stirring lime curd.
Yup!!!
I'll bite....   As a cook with 46 years of experience, I have seen first hand these products you've mentioned above. I've seen their usage and I see that although these products make the cooking process easier, it does take away some of the "art" aspects of cooking.   Your upscale places utilize these equipment (s) more so than your chain or mom and pop's do.   I don't see these items taking the place of a human any time in the near future as much as I see the front...