or Connect

Posts by Chefross

I make pasta all the time but I don't dry it.   For instance...if I make spaghetti, or linguine or fettuccine, I'll simply toss them with flour and portion them in Ziplock bags, then freeze them.   If your plan is to sell them at the open market why dry them You can make them a day ahead, toss with flour, bag them, and off you go. Any unsold bags can be frozen. You may even consider selling them frozen from an ice chest at the market site.
If this was the professional Chef's thread, I would say that one of the most important skills is also how to measure ingredients, how to configure recipe amounts, and how to count.   Yes...I said it....how to count. You have no idea the frustration that this creates when one of the crew can not or will not count.
I'm surprised no one got the "Chef's pants" part of the OP's question.   I believe the OP is talking about those elastic waistband kind of pants. If this is so, there are no belt loops with which to use the plastic wrap on.   Those elastic waistband pants will always and forever keep sliding down your waste. I myself had the unfortunate experience of having the "color TV" moment.   My suggestion is to get the next size down. For instance, if you take an extra...
From Panini....."For instance, an Employment-at-will State usually does not require any reason to terminate any employee at any time. My State is one."   I believe that this holds true for any employer any where in the USA not just employment at will states.   No employer anywhere is obligated to give reason to terminate an employee.at any time.   If you delve into the nitty gritty of the federal employment rules that hang by the punch clocks at work, you'll find...
Numbers 11 and 13 are political for sure.........
Back to Foodsaver...... I defrosted an elk rump roast from 2005... same thing....lurking in the back of the freezer. Slow braised with onions, potatoes and garlic......it was delicious....and no freezer burn at all nor did it taste like the freezer.
Heaven Terry..... I enjoy sliced tomatoes with basil and olive oil.I make fresh tomato basil soup or roasted garlic, tomato and dill soup.
I had the unfortunate challenge you described  happen to me when I worked for Marriott.   Marriott got a contract for a college food service for a bid over another company.   Contract included having to accept the last companies employees.   I was morning Sous and had to evaluate everyone.   I had a middle age woman working salad bar that would not conform and I had to go through the documentation process and all that went with it. When I had to fire her she...
Those are beautiful pieces and yes you can use them. I recognize several of your pieces that I have hanging in the pantry at work.  I use French tin lined copper pans, bowls, colanders, and dutch ovens all the time.   The main thing I enjoy about them is they distribute the heat so well you don't need to use the high setting on the stove.  The downside is that they must be polished regularly to maintain their shine.   As for identifying them, obviously you looked...
Kitchen Bouquet.....