or Connect

Posts by Chefross

If the crust becomes soggy after baking in a water bath, it's the spring form pan you're using. It has a leak.   A water bath is used when baking cheesecakes to insure even temperature throughout. The oven is heating the water which in turn cooks the cheesecake evenly. Think Creme Brulee. Cheesecake baked in an oven with no water bath MAY sometimes bake unevenly. One side rises faster then the other and the cake will sometimes crack from to high a heat.
Hello and welcome to ChefTalk. You can make egg pasta, roll it out and cut it with your attachment, then allow it to dry on a tray or wooden pasta racks.   Once dried your pasta can stay at room temp in a dry cool area of your pantry, for a very long time.   If you choose to keep the pasta fresh not dry, you can arrange the pasta in small quantities and freeze until needed.   I make egg, (yellow) Spinach (green) and tomato (red) pasta all the time this way. Works...
That question has no bearing on this issue. I understand what you are trying to ask but experience or none, professional background or not, NO ONE DESERVES to be treated in a demoralizing manner, condescended to, or made to feel inferior. The job or any Chef or manager is to motivate employees positively and give support.
I make a great Smoked Salmon omelette with Mornay sauce
This all brings me to a question for ThatIrishGuy.........You are here on these forums as an at home cook. You posted in your own words that you have never been in a professional kitchen nor have you ever taken any culinary courses What in the world made you think to even accept an offer in a professional atmosphere when you knew you were not capable? ChefBillyB, I agree with you in that a new hire green behind the ears could be developed through time but there's no...
Agreed, that you don't have to know how to cook as much as you need to know how to run a business and make money.   This all brings us back full circle to the original OP.   If you run a kitchen, make money for the place, but can't really cook all that well.....are you still "Chef?"
Be more gentle when you pick them up to place them in the water. If they are deflating, they may be over proofed too.
The ACF in its present form, would not work to be a governing universal entity.   The ACF does not teach you how to cook.   The ACF does not create, plan, organize, or develop teaching methods to instruct or correct.   What the ACF does do is to allow the person to develop the above attributes by involving themselves in programs such as the certification process, and this is done at ones own pace.    During these processes you are textbook learning while also...
You CAN salvage the dough by allowing it to warm up on the counter then remixing it with a small amount of water. Having said that, I WILL tell you that this will affect the finished product. The over mixing MAY result in a chewy not flaky crust.
Really??? Wow. I have a few friends that are and even one that is a Master Chef in accordance with the ACF program.