Posts by Chefross

"Baked from scratch, but I have a weakness for Velveta shells and macaroni every once in a while....." Ok then......Store bought "gummy bread"  or home made???
The rosemary and star anise are both very strong. I would think they would fight and overpower the delicate thyme. Lemon and star anise..........Hmmmmm sounds interesting.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been called upon in my career to write and share recipes.   It is not easy to do, and having to use your own own hand written recipe is even worse.   Only through trial and error, and with many crossed out sentences, and changed punctuation, can result in a good guide that someone else can read and follow along. I agree that it seems like some of those written recipes assume the reader has some grasp on cooking.   I have...
Baked from scratch, but I have a weakness for Velveta shells and macaroni every once in a while.....
I take it there's no marketing department.......? Have you looked into travel expos or local business fairs where you can get a booth and market you place?Make up brochures to hand out to businesses near your country club.Grocery store bulletin boards, make a great venue for advertising.Do you have business cards to hand out? How about flyers with your menus?What hand outs do you have now to potential brides that markets your place? Those are just a few ideas to get your...
Ah....but Chef.......you WERE there, so in the customers eye,the steak was great, even if you didn't cook it. It's a shmooze thing eh?
That looks great. I know that dough should never be stretched anyway. I like the way the edges come up and are pinched like that. Beautiful.....
......I agree with chefpeon. As for the cake doughnuts, you could have the batter in the reach-in at the ready. Could you have space for a dedicated table-top French Fryer? It takes only 2 minutes ++ to fry a cake doughnut.
From what I remember, the cone stays on the heat all day, albeit at a very low temperature. I recall that the cone was removed from the unit each evening, allowed to cool down, then into the walk-in it went
My location makes it difficult to get product. Veal bones are hard to come by here. Even Mediera is hard to find.