or Connect

Posts by Chefross

I just read that myself today. The one about having to work with bad apples hit me, as it pertains to this thread.
When you Sous Vide, aren't you vacuum packing that which you are cooking in a plastic bag?   The vacuum process DOES allow for the marinade to penetrate the meat.   I have a Foodsaver machine and I marinade all kinds of food in large plastic containers then use the machine to suck out all the air. If the marinades I use work in this system, it should be the same for Sous Vide no?
Brown sugar, butter and light Karo syrup works perfectly. Toasted pecans added for a real treat.
I would not even blink an eye at the fact that you need to replace the egg pans so often. Just look at their use. You say yourself that you go through many orders each day. That kind of usage does take its' toll on the pans. It's a cost of doing the business. Don't sweat it.
Here's a little info I gleaned for you from freshloaf.com:       Non-diastatic malt is simply for coloring and flavoring.   (The color change is most pronounced in the crust. You can easily go all the way from a light golden crust to a dark brown crust.)   Diastatic malt (often in the form of "malted barley flour") in addition to the coloring and flavoring effects alsoaffects the developing chemistry of the dough.   diastatic malt is sometimes used by...
I think we chased the OP away.....
I've browned a fresh brisket then made a jus from the fond and braised the roast in it, but never tried a corned brisket.
It becomes cloudy and bitter. 
Welcome to Cheftalk CKWwild.   A lot of what you ask here is something you need to work out with the client.   I am a private Chef for a family, different from what you are talking about but we do share many similarities.   Each Sunday, I sit at the computer and create a menu for the week. Sometimes I am asked to make a family favorite, but mostly I am free to make whatever I want, given their dietary and personal restrictions.   I make a grocery list from that...
The term gravy is ambiguous at best. For instance to Italians, gravy means what we call spaghetti or marinara sauce.