Posts by Chefross

Welcome to ChefTalk TazP.   First, I'm sorry this happened to you. It is not uncommon though.   IMO, you don't owe the place anything.   They are your recipes. The management is at fault here for not taking steps to insure the food quality and consistency. It should have been up to them way back in the beginning to validate the recipes and keep them on file for as long as the menu is in use.   If they fired you there's is no going back to show the new Chef. How...
 Erin, when you first approached us with your initial question, you did not divulge all the information.So in the above quote you now say that there is a 6 burner stove and a flat top.Now you have a place to sear off your breasts right at the venue.You also have a place to make the sauce as well as keeping the food hot while plating.This all sounds like a carefully executed function that can be done right at the place. Why pre-cook the chicken?
How are you going to take a "rough recipe" and turn it into a usable form without testing it? Who is going to pay for the ingredients to that effect?   I would take another look at this and ask some questions....
  I agree with you here.I believe that weighing ingredients gives consistent results.I have a couple hundred cookbooks that still are in the "volume" world. I have taken on a few of them converting to Metric in parenthesis.It is so much easier to deal with Metric anyway. That being said, the homemaker has to unlearn and relearn how to measure. Not easy.
  "Baked from scratch, but I have a weakness for Velveta shells and macaroni every once in a while....." Ok then......Store bought "gummy bread"  or home made???
The rosemary and star anise are both very strong. I would think they would fight and overpower the delicate thyme. Lemon and star anise..........Hmmmmm sounds interesting.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been called upon in my career to write and share recipes.   It is not easy to do, and having to use your own own hand written recipe is even worse.   Only through trial and error, and with many crossed out sentences, and changed punctuation, can result in a good guide that someone else can read and follow along. I agree that it seems like some of those written recipes assume the reader has some grasp on cooking.   I have...
Baked from scratch, but I have a weakness for Velveta shells and macaroni every once in a while.....
I take it there's no marketing department.......? Have you looked into travel expos or local business fairs where you can get a booth and market you place?Make up brochures to hand out to businesses near your country club.Grocery store bulletin boards, make a great venue for advertising.Do you have business cards to hand out? How about flyers with your menus?What hand outs do you have now to potential brides that markets your place? Those are just a few ideas to get your...
Ah....but Chef.......you WERE there, so in the customers eye,the steak was great, even if you didn't cook it. It's a shmooze thing eh?