or Connect

Posts by Chefross

It wasn't the cocoa powder that deflated your meringue. Did you fold in the sifted powder correctly without losing the air? What temperature did you bake the meringue and for how long? This might have affected the outcome.
Chopping your fresh strawberries before mixing them with the cream cheese will give you what you are looking for. I'd be careful with adding sugar right away. Taste the mixture first then add whatever sugar is needed to taste.
Let me ask you this Remi Love....Did you take notice of any person or persons in your career, now that you think about it, that could have served that function?  Were you even aware at the time there could have been such a person?   Kinda the same boat as you having had survived the "school of hard knocks."   Understandably it creates an impatient, no BS, just get in there and get it done attitude. Although the years go by and new faces come and go, the work ethic...
I make Biscotti on a regular basis and from the recipe you used, I can see a few thing that might help.   The recipe has you jumping through unnecessary hoops.   Pulse the almonds in the first part and set aside. ground the almonds from the second part, place them in the bowl with all the dry ingredients, then add the wet (eggs, vanilla, etc...) and mix until just combined.   The baking powder is not enough in the recipe to raise the dough....I can see that...
Works the same way with Dover Sole
I'm curious as to why you place these people on such pedestals.   They are after all, just cooks who became famous when someone discovered them. There are literally hundreds of thousands great cooks out there who have never been in the lime light.   I can understand the founding fathers (Careme, Escoffier, Bocuse) as their insights are valuable to the history of food, but today's Chef's are simply standing on the those other's shoulders.
Some days I have to physically pry my hands from their locked position when holding a Chef's knife.Like you mornings are stiff but warm water and finger manipulation helps...(I practice piano scales to help)
I feel your pain
I'm with Foodpump.....In banquets it was invaluable. We blanched vegetables, made soup, sauces, really, anything you can do in a pan you can do in a tilting braiser.    One bit of advice. Make sure you have floor drainage under the tilters. It makes for easy cleaning. If not your going to be schlepping 5 gallon pickle buckets of dirty water each time you need to clean..
The purpose of what you are trying to do is to make the staff understand that the food they work with each and every day should be looked at as money, dollars, and to that end getting the staff to come on board takes whatever you can think up to do. Good for you.   But don't stop there. Walk around the kitchen during prep and look into the garbage bins and see what's being thrown out. You'll be very surprised. Walk through the coolers and look in the reach-ins to see...