or Connect

Posts by Chefross

From my favorite bakery instructor in college. Must be said in a thick German accent.   "You guys, you sit, you fahhht around you get nothings done Ze honeymoon ees oveh!"
Ah yes.......the recruitment agencies. As a cook in a restaurant kitchen, sometimes we develop a sense of entitlement and ego.  Now in walks this rent-a-cook. What a great chance to show off by belittling this guy, only to make me feel better about myself.   Even if the rent-a-cook were a culinary professional, they would still be picked on. Human nature.......but...imature
Yes we have "Masterchef" here.Sadly though, it is scripted for entertainment over showmanship.
With your knowledge and experience you could go anywhere. Your fine dining experience may make job hunting difficult as you will find yourself over qualified for anything less. You'll have to compromise what you want with what you can do.   The right fit is what you're looking for. If your experience is more restaurant and hotel, as you say, will you be happy working in a college food service kitchen or a  hospital setting, where you make ground beef and macaroni...
Awesome idea........
I am going to take the side of your family CuteChef. Since you did not give us all the information, I am going to respond to what you DID say... 100 covers for lunch and then 100 for dinner is NOT a lot of covers. Since you have been doing this for such a short amount of time, it is understandable that you feel overwhelmed. Are you one of those people who need constant reinforcement? If the Commis Chef is getting in your face cupcake, get back in his. He's obviously NOT a...
Welcome to ChefTalk.   You're no alone................many of us have been there and done just what you are going through now.   From what I could gather (your post was hard to read as you didn't use paragraphs...), you would be best served by looking into a food service job rather then restaurant.   As a single father this would allow you to have time with your child and give you a relatively "normal" life.   Restaurant life, however the challenge will take away...
Welcome to Cheftalk.   You're on the right track. You are correct in that you are working with the saddle. "B" is edible too so don't throw it away. I've always left it on when I removed the loins and used it to wrap around them for cooking. "A" is the loin and has a small amount of silverskin to remove.   Also....if you are going to braise this for "a couple hours" in stock and wine, you will have mush when done. Rabbit cooks like chicken....bout an hour. 325 is...
Mike....I did just what you explained 2 summer's a go in Port Angeles. The critter that came up was about a foot and half long, but my friends showed me that as it is curled up that way and when extended fully, was more then 6 feet long....... It was difficult to harvest but it was sweet and delicious.
Sit down with the client and ask them these questions.