or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Welcome to ChefTalk.  At the top of the page you'll see a search engine. You can type in a subject and if it has been discussed, it will appear on the page and can read all about this subject. We have talked about thi many times. There are pro's and con's to both sides. Only you can decide what is best for you. Good Luck
I'll take a stab at this one for you.   You'll make 2 different cheese cake batters. The first one will be very thick (cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla) You'll pour that into the cracker lined spring form pan.    Next spread dollops of fruit, not a layer.   The fruit must be cooked like a pie filling. (fresh fruit when cooked releases liquid and will screw up the cheese cake batter.) Lastly make a second cheese cake batter from 1/2 cream cheese, half sour...
I believe it is time to make a new starter at work. The one I have was given to my boss by a French Chef who made it from white grapes. It was 25 years ago. It still smells very sour.I feed it a beer once a month. I use it pretty much every other day.
Shallots, garlic, white wine, stir, stir stir, finish with freshly chopped basil, fresh Reggiano Parmesan, knob of butter....present with 24-carot gold flecks. WOW!
You are correct in that a well made sourdough starter needs no yeast. Well made being the key word here.
To me there are just some things that come along with the territory. In a kitchen with knives, hot pots and pans, slippery floors, and so on accidents are going to happen. There really is only so much that can be done to keep those accidents from being regular. Trying to re-invent the wheel sometimes has unforeseen circumstances.   Pretty much everyone knows what HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point) is. It's been around for a while now.   I was a banquet...
No Pete but they tack on a $15.00 service charge to each account here. They've been doing this for years now.
I was just going to correct you.
I have been here on this issue with the corporate suits. They really only think about money. They are bean counters after all. They are not cooks or Chefs. Understandably they don't get the idea that wearing a cut-glove and a latex glove over it does not allow for handling a knife properly and executing the job. Their only issue is and will always be saving money.
It depends on the greens you may be using. I don't know your recipe. I make mine with Napa cabbage, mustard greens, green onion. If these impart a bitter taste then add a little sugar. I use Korean chili powder in mine.