or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Yes, using a food shredder or food processor for hardier vegetables is good in my book. For soups, (other than cream soups) stir-fry, or any other preparation where the vegetables are front and center, I believe they should be cut by a human person with a knife.
I get the ones from Madagasgar and they come vacuum sealed. I am able to scrap the pods pretty easily. I also place the pod itself in the milk/cream when I'm making ice cream. After scolding and adding to the egg sugar mixture, I also leave the pods in as it cools. I remove the spent pods, rinse, dry them well then place them in a glass jar and fill it with sugar. Vanilla sugar in about a week.
It would be a shame to braise this cut of meat. I am planning to open roast an eye of round  for Sunday dinner here at work. My plan is medium rare with red bliss potatoes, large chunks of carrots, pearl onions and mushrooms. A sauce made from the pan drippings
We purchase east coast oysters and have more of a crab problem than worms. Tiny crabs burrowing in under the oyster....yuck....
Always remember this motto and it will become more and more clear as the years go by......Good luck and keep on cooking.....   "You are only as good as your last plate."
I have read all the lines in this thread and wish to add my 2 cents. From what the OP has told us, they want to prepare meals to be delivered.   Assuming firstly that the OP has all the right legal preparations taken care of so they can cook in a sanitary and structurally sound environment, I guess I'd want to question something that no one has yet done. That being the quality of the cut that these Hobart attachments produce.   I worked as a Chef in many food...
The dog won't let me use mine. It has sat in the closet for 6 years now.
  Welcome to ChefTalk...Try brushing the rim of your pizza dough with olive oil to help crisp it 500 degrees on the oven will help also. You have to experiment.
So right Pete. People go gaga over Filet Mignon and I think as you do. I would rather have a bone-in Ribeye before I would filet. Too bad about the tenderloin. Dog food now????
I learned a trick from a butcher long ago.   If you have multiple dyes with varying hole sizes, match a propeller blade for each one. This way each time you use them you'll only be using them for the coarseness you're grinding. Large, medium, and small all have their own blade. Works great. 15 years now, and have never had to sharpen anything.