or Connect

Posts by Chefross

These are from 2014 harvest:
We are still 2-3 weeks behind you. Are ramps just broke the surface last week.   My go to recipe is to clean then thinly slice the bulbs then caramelize them in butter and olive oil, with the greens. I also make a morel and ramp ragout to serve over grilled Focaccia with a poached quail egg on top.   Ramps grow everywhere on the property here. I have a favorite place to go where you can see nothing but ramps for as far as the eyes can see. I dehydrate them, freeze...
Couple things to point out here.   Australia dollar versus the American dollar. What's $10.00/hr. Australian in American dollars?   Another item that has a lot to do with food costs are purchasing and serving fruits and vegetables out of season. With the advent of technology, we are now able to offer things like asparagus, grapes, tomatoes, and such, which use resources that make these items costly. The alternative would be to go back to the time when these items are...
Catering is simply an offsite banquet.
 I just read that myself today. The one about having to work with bad apples hit me, as it pertains to this thread.
When you Sous Vide, aren't you vacuum packing that which you are cooking in a plastic bag?   The vacuum process DOES allow for the marinade to penetrate the meat.   I have a Foodsaver machine and I marinade all kinds of food in large plastic containers then use the machine to suck out all the air. If the marinades I use work in this system, it should be the same for Sous Vide no?
Brown sugar, butter and light Karo syrup works perfectly. Toasted pecans added for a real treat.
I would not even blink an eye at the fact that you need to replace the egg pans so often. Just look at their use. You say yourself that you go through many orders each day. That kind of usage does take its' toll on the pans. It's a cost of doing the business. Don't sweat it.
Here's a little info I gleaned for you from freshloaf.com:       Non-diastatic malt is simply for coloring and flavoring.   (The color change is most pronounced in the crust. You can easily go all the way from a light golden crust to a dark brown crust.)   Diastatic malt (often in the form of "malted barley flour") in addition to the coloring and flavoring effects alsoaffects the developing chemistry of the dough.   diastatic malt is sometimes used by...
I think we chased the OP away.....