or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Firstly Julius....you are correct in everything you mentioned.I might site that here in the USA our HAACP laws are not as regulated and enforced en mass as yours might be in Canada. Most places have no clue about this and it is fairly common to see servers unknowingly walk behind the cooking line.I have even seen workers bring their small children to work with them and seen them behind the line.Unfortunate but commonplace.
I've always loved cooking breakfast. Nicko. glad you're back in the saddle again.
Look it up!!
 Welcome to America.We wouldn't have to do that if eggs weren't washed first.Washing the eggs, destroys the eggs' natural defenses.
I used to watch his shows, but after it was discovered he falsified his resume I no longer have any respect for him.He may be a great cook but I have lost all credibility for him. 
Best advice so far....Been there and done that.I have always been a firm believer that EVERYONE get what's coming to them in the end.Always!!!
Pooled means cracking a whole lot of fresh eggs and mixing them together. The thought here is if one of those eggs is contaminated, it spoils the whole batch.
Meez....I don't know where you are but the health department forbids the pooling of eggs firstly, so fresh eggs are out of the question.   I have to use liquid eggs. To make them anywhere near tolerable, I have to add ingredients to them, not only for flavor but for stability in the chaffing dish. I'll use sour cream or a light Béchamel, sometimes, heavy cream, if I have it.   I personally will not allow the eggs to stay in the dish for more than an hour if buffet is...
Linked In has a huge data base for Chef's jobs
I feel your pain.   The facts are there. You are the F&B. Ultimately the buck stops with you. No Chef? Who's in charge of the kitchen?   If surveys are coming back with negative comments, well then,,,,,,that's a red flag no?   As a guest myself in hotels all across the country, I see this all the time. Those "improved" Continental breakfasts that hotel chains provide. Eggs are usually one massive chunk sitting in the chaffing dish or steam-table pan.   I also...