or Connect

Posts by Chefross

You need to keep the dough as cool as possible and use more flour for rolling out the dough.Excess flour can be brushed off. After searing your beef and getting all the fillings ready have your dough in the fridge the whole time. Take it out just as you're ready to make the Wellington. You may even have to use the freezer to tighten up the dough so you can roll it easier.
I have that growing in my herb garden and it's marjoram,
The ACF is pretty much self teaching. Your education comes from reading material and enrolling yourself in cooking competitions. The competitions pit you against a set of standards not another person.   The CIA is the way to go is you want to learn about the business.
Love it.....I seems like this assistant is threatened by you in some way. I have no idea why........Ha-Ha-Ha
Line your sheet pans with parchment paper and grease the pan sides very well. After baking and cooling, turn the entire pan out unto a table, peel back the parchment paper and cut your bars.
 May I ask why you can't have any stuff that makes gas bubbles? 
If it's a corporate place they may have a food and beverage director. They order the food with the Chef''s input and they control costs.K.M. is more about the day to day so yes......they would schedule. Hiring and all the paperwork that goes with it would be handled by Human Resources....if it was a corporate place
Not at all. I'm with you on this.
KM is a title that corporations use instead of Sous Chef. NOT!!!   Corporations are about making money and to that end use professional language and do everything "by the book" even if they don't know what the 'book' is.   Kitchen managers are more of a Chef than a Sous.  As a comparison, the Sous might translate to Assistant KM.
StuartDouglas how is your idea any different then websites I can go to and punch in ingredients I DO have as opposed to ingredients I don't care for? How will your be different?