or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Ground lamb and Z'atar spice. Chicken with Mole' Shrimp with Saffron Roasted Vegetables with that cumin yogurt sauce
Also know that there are just some things you can't bake in a convection oven because of the moving air.   Creme Puffs and eclairs come to mind right away. They end up looking like they were blown to one side or the other. Other items include anything that has had whipped egg whites added to it. Sponge, Genoise, Souffle's. Cakes and cookies must be watched and turned to insure even baking.    Convection baking is more useful for proteins and quick baking. I have had...
I don't think that is sacrilege at all. You use egg yolks and not whole eggs? Welcome thescrambler to ChefTalk. Sounds like your technique might be off. Don't rinse the pasta. After draining well, add the pasta to the pan you cooked the bacon or Pancetta in, and using one hand slowly add the egg/cream mixture, use the wooden spoon with the other to stir while you add more mixture. Finish with the cheese.
I have read your previous posts, and even went back again before posted this.   Seems like you're going to have to ask the board members what their definition of a Corporate Chef is.   As you pointed out, it is different for each company.   Most Corporate Chef oversee multiple kitchens. They work with them to make sure they follow company policies, that food quality and sanitation are satisfactory and guidelines are all met.   Remember you are interviewing them as...
I think we chased the OP away again...
I have had countless recipe books, magazine subscriptions, and internet recipes ad nauseum..........I am not sure how to answer your query.   Cooking is so subjective that it would be nearly impossible to create a recipe compilation that's user friendly, creative, and informative. (Thanks Brian Shaw)   Also many Chef/authors have a problem writing recipes that people can use. Too many of them assume too much leaving the reader to further research a method or...
It's salmon (,) fried chicken
Stepping up on the soapbox...   I do believe, we,as professionals have a chance to steer the food business into the future with our combined experiences and knowledge.   That being said, owners and investors look at the young and ignore the old. The young can be exploited and paid cheaper, while the older more experienced are prone to health issues and want more pay.   If we are going to make a difference at this moment in time, now is the time to act.   To old to...
Hello kettle chef and welcome to ChefTalk.Physical attributes will work against you once you hit 40?Is that the magic number.....? Heck, I'm at 61 with health issues from working those long shifts on bad floors and arthritis.I am stiff each morning and must stretch if I'm ever going to make it through the day.Facing back surgery down the road but for now I just keep on keepin' on.
Welcome to ChefTalk briang. You sounds as if you've had some bad experiences.Yes you spend several thousand dollars to learn how to make Hollandaise and the head cook says you're doing it wrong. You watch as the Chef makes the sauce in a way you've never seen before and were instructed in school never to do it the "Shoemaker"  way. Look our esteemed Iceman puts it this way......"It ain't rocket science...it's just cooking." As to Sous Chef vs. AKM.  In the world of...