or Connect

Posts by Chefross

His kitchen....his rules....Also remember the article sells magazines so what you read is not always what really happens.I don't know about the towel usage though. If I use my towel to wipe a cutting board, now it's wet. I wouldn't use it now as a hot pad.Most kitchens (should) have sanitizer bucket or spray bottles with separate towels for cleaning and wiping.
A lot more time then many people are willing to give it. Latex gloves are to the kitchen like the TSA is for our security at airports. It's all smoke and mirrors to make us feel safer.....
I make lake salmon caviar every season up here. The recipe is very easy. Simply soak the roe in a salt brine solution for an hour, strain and rinse, then pack in jars. I can even freeze the jars. I love fried roe on toast with sour cream or creme fraiche.
Too bad there isn't a way to cook a whole chicken ( other than cooking the parts separately) to 165 without over cooking the breast meat....(sigh)
Most recipes that ask for granular yeast have no ratio to ratio for using fresh yeast. When converting from granular to fresh you must calculate in ounces or grams and not teaspoons. 1/2 ounce of fresh yeast is comparable to 2 1/2 teaspoons of granular. 
I guess my palate must be overly sensitive to sweet then.I too have traveled Hwy. 29 up and down the Napa Valley wineries, several times.Perhaps the wines I tried fit my definition.I would gladly invite a non sweet Cabernet or Merlot into my home.Unfortunately I am location challenged and don't have access to many of the wines you speak of.Thanks for your thoughts
Now I'm just stuck as far as a giveaway.  I have to have a raffle prize available.   That's easy. How about a catered dinner at the raffle winners home?
This must be a derivative recipe for a specific use.   Most recipes for chicken stock use the meat as well as the bones, plus water, and mirepoix (celery, carrot, onion, bayleaf, thyme, salt, peppercorns and cloves.) There's no wine in chicken stock.   ...and by the way......alcohol does not cook off. It will get less intense but it will never all cook off.
I wouldn't say a thing. It happens all the time in this business. Some places even rehire people they fired once.
Cream, butter and Parmesan, and  Black Pepper.Anything else is not authentic Alfredo.