or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Merguez101   I am curious as to why you are figuring raw ingredients, when it is the finished product with all its' ingredients that the guest consumes.
Welcome to CT.   Counting ounces for banquets works only as a guideline. There are too many variables..   The fact that you have kids screws up your amounts first off.   Time of day, weather, and oh so many other variables.   Trying to figure out raw quantities does not take into account shrinkage, or loss during preparation.   I assume this is buffet. You need to count out pieces not ounces on your proteins.   You can multiply ounces times guests to get a...
Yup...that's right.......you heard it hear first guys. Monday evening I am feeding the producer and director of the Weather channels newest program. I'd never even heard of it until the boss told me about it. Apparently their entourage are coming to my island to do one of their shows and will be staying at the lodge. Breakfast lunch and dinner for the crew, accommodations, and even food to be delivered on filming site.   Here's my menu for Monday night:   , Triple...
This reminds me of a story along the same lines. Kid Chef asked me to make baked beans from scratch. When I came in to work Chef had a tall stock pot on the stove filled 1/2 way with beans and topped with water. It was 10:00 am. I knew that these beans had to be split into 3 pots or else they'd never cook, but still I had to play out the game. At 3:30 pm, the beans were still hard and I had to refill the pot with water many times.   Anyway............It does sound...
This looks very much like a no-knead Focaccia with Rosemary I made the other day.It was out of a special edition of Cooks Illustrated magazine.It utilizes a starter (Biga in Italian) that rests for 8-24 hours before being added to the dough.Then it has 3 thirty minutes rests where the dough is simply folded over itself eight times and returned to rest.The resulting loaves were very nice with a crispy crust , lots of holes, and great chew.
WANT!!!!!!
How timely this topic has become. I picked up my weekly Nations Restaurant Newspaper, and in it was a breakdown of food related places:   Quick Service.....McD's, BK, Wndy's, Hardee, Jack in the box, Taco Bell,   Fast Casual...Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera, Noodles and Co. Einstein Noah, Potbelly Sandwich   Pizza...Domino's, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut   Coffee and Snack..Dunkin Doughnuts, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Tim Horton's   Family Dining and Buffet   Bob Evans,...
It sounds like it has morphed out of control. Without manglement behind you, it will be difficult. I agree some kind of policy needs to be implemented.
McDonalds is NOT in the hamburger business (economically speaking). McDonalds is in the real estate business to sell its' franchises. That's where the money is.
So, if tomorrow morning each and every person in the USA stopped eating fast food, what would happen? Oh I know........economics. In another thread, someone suggested that McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, work to create the illusion they are making healthier food. They offer salads, and believe that this solves the problem.   Now.......fast food IS food that is made fast so the customer is in and out fast. FAST.....Let's say that one more time shall we.........FAST   Perhaps...