Posts by Chefross

Since I'm Jewish, I don't celebrate the holiday. No Chinese take-out here either.   I made a Sweet and Sour Jewish Style Brisket with Sweet Potato Kugel and some Merlot to wash it down with.  
  Merry Christmas everyone.........

Now....people pay hundreds of dollars to eat at Grant Atchez restaurant in Chicago , where they create your dessert right ON your table top.   That's artistic too but as I look at the photos I see the same theme here......how to eat.....
Seriously......wow... i have been making lasagna for so many years without knowing that I have been making a poor quality product....  Sorry.... I used to make 35-40 hotel pans of lasagna at once for college cafeteria service.You should have seen the look on those blue haired older ladies as I walked up and down the table placing dried lasagnas sheets in the pans with the sauce and cheese. They scoffed and argued and said I was going to ruin the food.   Of course after...
There is no such thing as no-boil noodles. Perhaps this is something a company invented to make money. You do not need to boil the noodles first to make the lasagna.All you need is a more watery sauce. Let's see Christmas Eve is....tomorrow? Why would you freeze it to begin with?You can make, bake and refrigerate until tomorrow, then reheat.
Welcome to ChefTalk chefsherry23: You don't tell us the serving situation with your steam tables.Are you a cafeteria? The key word in any steam table like place is attention to detail. We have all walked up to a steam table line to see the shingles slices of meatloaf doused with brown gravy that has a skin.The pan looks like the gravy has lumps of gathered skin mixed into it because someone came along and stirred it up.  Yup....Lovely isn't it? ANY FOOD THAT SITS IN A...
  Firstly I want to quote: "As part of restaurant’s interview process, we request that our applicants, who are culinary craftsman and artisans, demonstrate their expertise as part of our assessment process.  The purpose of this is to ensure that serious applicants have the necessary technical and creative skills to succeed at restaurant...."   While I'm sure that something like losing an arm in the mixer or slicing an artery while chopping is possible, the idea here is...
I'm with you.  I can't believe what I'm reading here. Executive Chef Sammie, you are a perfect example of what society calls "the gimme gimme generation. You EXPECT that your workplace will provide you with free or costed alcoholic beverages.You EXPECT that you can drink all the Coke or Pepsi you want on the line while working.You EXPECT free or costed food while you are on the line or doing prep. Sheesh! What in the world makes you think that 99% of business Chefs have a...
I can understand this now after reading others posts.Actually I was in a different city and downloaded the app to my IPhone for the very purpose of finding a place to eat.I had heard the YELP was the app to use.Yes food is, and always will be subjective.That's why even the Michelin system isn't always a great gauge either