or Connect

Posts by Chefross

What I really hated was cooking eggs on a flat top grill. It's 100 degrees plus plus,on the line and I've got a full house out there demanding their over easy eggs. I've got 6 flats of eggs next to the grill and I'm flying.    Trouble was....egg yolks break....it just happens. But on the flat top, I think it is even more frustrating.
Really labor intensive for the price, although a great idea. I was going to suggest a chicken Wellington but the lack of real oven space to cook these off makes this moot
I use Callabaut. I add heavy cream and corn syrup to mine. Depending on the quality of chocolate you use, adding oil or shortening will work as well.
This is what I was talking about in my prior thread.The equal parts thing makes a very stiff roux once cooked, so adding a small amount more of fat (butter) helps thin out the roux so it dissolves easier.But, that being said, if the roux is too thin, the sauce will break when heated. The ratio of flour to fat has can be played with for the results you seek.
Since we have a huge vegetable garden at work, I do freeze quite a lot. The technique depends on the vegetable. Most things like green beans, corn carrots, I can blanch, shock, pat dry, and vacuum pack. Zucchini I grate, drain, bag, vacuum, then freeze. Potatoes do not freeze well. Tomatoes are always canned. Beets, I roast, peel, then vacuum pack Most other root vegetable go in the cellar.
Okay, so let's do the "benefit of the doubt" thing here for just a moment and visualize a scenario.   It's a busy Saturday afternoon and soon you find yourself with 23 customers in your store all at once.   Each one want's their "5" minute cookie. That's 1.9 hours until that 23rd customer get's their cookie.   Most cookies usually bake for 11-14 minutes. You don't give us any other information, such as, more than one oven? On demand means many different things...
If you posted here to get some kind of feedback about your situation, you already know the answer. Your first words supported your theory. You know what to do. And many of us agree that it is time to end your relationship and place this whole challenge on the bookshelf of life experiences. Don't dwell anymore. Good luck
This IS the best advice. Drama will come and go, but the work will always be there
 This is what I thought.Any sponge or Genoise I've ever made was in a jelly roll pan never any thicker than 1/2 inch of batter.
I'll take a stab at this one. It might be the ratio of butter to flour in your roux. Too tight a roux will result in some undissolved pieces that will continue to thicken your sauce. Try using less flour and add it in small increments to your butter or other fat. You can always add more. If it is becomes too tight you can add some more fat to thin it out.