or Connect

Posts by Chefross

"It's never too late to be what you could have been."
OHHHHH to be a fly on the wall to watch this go down.I can see it now....Bobby boy coming in to the kitchen  in the morning only to see 40 BEO's for the day on the clip boards....and he goes  screaming in to the night.......(SIGH!)
I take it you want to mince a lot  and hold it.Simplest advice is to mince what you need, as you need it, rather then mince a bunch and have it oxidize in the fridge.As it ages, garlic loses strength.
Old Post, I know....just wanted to add:   I find it very ironic that the cooking trade has no certifications or licensing needed to go into business, as do electricians, plumbers, and hairstylists, yet Chefs have been elevated to a near godlike status, simply because they took someone else’s recipe, or execution style, or art form, tweaked it, and now called it their own. For this, they receive money, ratings, and their own television show.   You don’t see...
When I cold smoke fish, the interior of the smokehouse can not get any higher then 80 degrees. I don't have a clue about cheese however; but I would think it is the same kind of idea.
If I may add......   When going to interview for a job, try to do some homework about the place. Formulate some questions of your own to ask. This way you'll be better prepared to understand the place you are trying to work at BEFORE you get there.
That's a SAECO Espresso/Cappuccino Machine from Italy.Yes I read her articles when she first posted them. Should go back again for a visit.
Well, unlike many parts of the country, here in Michigan's UP we had more than our fair share of rain. Right now we are experiencing monsoon type of weather, as it's been raining non-stop now 3 days, with 5 more on the way. Needless to say our gardens were heavy with produce of all kinds but simply no warm sun to ripen stuff. Radishes did well as they always do in cool weather, but our tomato crop suffered big time. We lost at least 2-3 bushels due to rot and...
  Firstly Julius....you are correct in everything you mentioned.I might site that here in the USA our HAACP laws are not as regulated and enforced en mass as yours might be in Canada. Most places have no clue about this and it is fairly common to see servers unknowingly walk behind the cooking line.I have even seen workers bring their small children to work with them and seen them behind the line.Unfortunate but commonplace.
I've always loved cooking breakfast. Nicko. glad you're back in the saddle again.