or Connect

Posts by Chefross

I would rather have simple well made food over highly decorated but mediocre food.
Boy do I admire this one.I like it when someone sees the whole picture of their life ahead and takes action. Chef Reginald you are going to be subjected to a whole different adventure.The production of food is all relative whether it be cafeteria style or sit down white tablecloth.I'm sure you are well aware of the differences, but suffice to say your biggest challenge will be organization of your personnel.My best advise would be to simply watch and learn for a while. See...
You have a great item here. Tin lined copper is great to work with. Jus keep an eye on that tin lining though as it can scratch exposing the copper. If that happens you can send them out to be re-tinned.
....or ice water to 0 degrees C
Sure but that still doesn't get rid of the human factor.Alaminute, I feel your pain.I left the mad inhuman noise 15 years ago and have never looked back.
A-1 steak sauce.
I've never had any luck making bacon from the duck breast. Prosciutto though worked well.
Interesting topic, but perhaps the title should have been..."When people don't understand about good food."   I make hand made Dim Sum. Time consuming and putzy. Delicious though right? The customers' plate comes back with all the dough removed and laid neatly on the side of the plate. Only the fillings were eaten.   Make Bolognaise sauce and it simmers all day on low flame. Customer says to the server that it's too bad the Chef has to buy bottled spaghetti...
Now you made me go back and take a better look.   Those aren't 2 separate paddles.....more like a base piece with a carved out groove that the other part fits in. Plus it looks as if it has a metal pin that's bent to keep the 2 together for whatever purpose.   I spoke too soon.
As to your query about alternatives to boiling the jars, I don't believe you have many options without resorting to chemical additives for preserving the product. Generally speaking it's the acidity of the food being processed that's the key.   Two schools of thought here.   Many home cooks simply simmer the jars, and lids, have the product hot, fill the jars, wipe clean, place the lid and ring, tighten and Viola.   While this may work, it is not a guarantee that...