or Connect

Posts by Chefross

My question to you is why is surgery a last resort? The surgery prep time takes longer than the surgery itself and takes care of the problem. I had it done 6 years ago and am doing just fine now.
A bit of advice....Some recipes simply can not be converted. You may find that you can only increase a recipe by 2 times, and then you'll have to make that recipe several times to get the volume you want.
I agree with this, and have interviewed with Aramark myself. They don't get many high marks for their food.
The tongue "skin" you are referring to is peeled away after cooking and discarded. I doubt there would be much to gain from saving it for stock.
I did not infer that the salt makes the dough flat. I was just commenting that it was a lot for that recipe, in a separate thought. Sorry to confuse.
You gotta keep up dude.....
It wasn't the cocoa powder that deflated your meringue. Did you fold in the sifted powder correctly without losing the air? What temperature did you bake the meringue and for how long? This might have affected the outcome.
Chopping your fresh strawberries before mixing them with the cream cheese will give you what you are looking for. I'd be careful with adding sugar right away. Taste the mixture first then add whatever sugar is needed to taste.
Let me ask you this Remi Love....Did you take notice of any person or persons in your career, now that you think about it, that could have served that function?  Were you even aware at the time there could have been such a person?   Kinda the same boat as you having had survived the "school of hard knocks."   Understandably it creates an impatient, no BS, just get in there and get it done attitude. Although the years go by and new faces come and go, the work ethic...
I make Biscotti on a regular basis and from the recipe you used, I can see a few thing that might help.   The recipe has you jumping through unnecessary hoops.   Pulse the almonds in the first part and set aside. ground the almonds from the second part, place them in the bowl with all the dry ingredients, then add the wet (eggs, vanilla, etc...) and mix until just combined.   The baking powder is not enough in the recipe to raise the dough....I can see that...