or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Scofield 143 I smile at you as well.   Since you..... "just graduated from culinary school" you are filled with ideas and thought on how things should be. The real world however; changed that perception at your first job.   As was previously said, not all kitchen operate in the same manner. To judge one kitchen for their practices does not give you an insight to the way it is in the rest of our industry. Fast paced high volume kitchens must be organized and...
Food process the spinach and simply add your egg, seasoning and flour. Make the pasta dough and go. Easy. Used to make it every Sunday for a Brunch station.
Are you talking about coarse red pepper flakes?  Why would this upset you?   I am used to people's proclivities when it comes to food.   I'll prepare fresh Sushi at work and watch as the client breaks every rule about Japanese culture. They mix their soy sauce and wasabi  together in a little dish....they'll pick up the sushi with their fingers, dip it upside down in the sauce........the Sushi looses its' rice into the soy sauce dish and THEN the client uses their...
Busch Light and LaBatt's Blue are big here. Craft beers are too expensive to get drunk on.......... The other's are cheaper and you can drink more of them for the same price.... after all......... you drink beer to get drunk right????   It's a mind set that is difficult to break.
And I would like to add that sundae bars can get quite messy and a "manned" station is best to scoop the ice cream. The rest can be left up to the client.
Unfortunately the only ones who suffer from this kind of immature behavior is the customer.
Very timely subject as we just discussed this at a recent wine tasting I attended. It was suggested to use a propane torch to crisp the pork belly piece just before it exits the kitchen door.
"Head Hunters"....or job placement companies (choose your moniker) have been using these tests for years to evaluate potential employees. I myself have taken them. You understand that they are used as an evaluation tool to help choose the right candidate for the position offered. If a company is looking for an aggressive, no nonsense, type of person, for example, these tests are invaluable.   Did anyone taking the test notice how the same question is asked 3-4...
From another point of view.............   Everybody learns at a different rate. Linecook854....as you said, you remember how it was for yourself. You remember those feelings of inferiority and lack of speed, getting it right, and being afraid. Now...here you are watching someone else go through those same feelings.   Blueicus, I admire the idea of sitting down and having "the talk" and you are spot on with the 3 scenarios. however; and this is what my...
No Sir....I am talking about hotels.  The star ratings vary according to who is rating them, and this is a legitimate question.   If your hotel uses Egyptian 500 count linens, then you are a 5 star hotel. If your hotel has wood fixtures instead of plastic, then you may be a 5-star hotel. If your hotel has Conceirge, multiple ammentities, cloth drapes, porcelain fixtures, you may be a 5-star hotel. Anything less is not even considered.   You don't tell us where you are...