or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Do not use any ammonia based cleaners on it (409 is the worst) This eats away at the marble. Use a cleaner specifically made for cleaning granite or marble.
Josh, geoduck is one of those items that is best prepared just cooked like calamari or fully cooked in a stew. It tends to be very chewy if not prepared correctly. I've never had it frozen and thawed, so I can't make any judgment.
Know that you are not alone Recky. Your restaurant is like countless others all over the place.   Your first few sentences describing your place sounds just like what it's like here in my neck of the woods. Seasonal from May to October and dead the rest of the time.   I too, live in a destination location and suffer the same plights. On a Friday night in July there'll be 200-250 at the fish-fry 2 nights ago this past Friday night......not one car in the...
Slow service has many facets, from the kitchen to the FOH.   I worked in a dinner theater and every Thursday was matinee day so we fed over 700 people between 11:30 and 1:30. The show started at 2:00 and we had to be finished.   On the other side of the coin...I know all too well that many places, (especially corporate franchises) tend to have ticket times and insist the customer be treated as cattle. I dislike with a passion, the server that brings me my entre when I...
Drop Biscuits are very popular in these parts. A server walks around the dining room with a small tray of these beauties and with tongs offers them up to everyone. They are well made, moist, and warm. They too, are served with regular and honey butters.
That's a great attribute, I do the same but we're talking about recipes others will read and try.With no amounts and sketchy directions many people would be at a loss.
In most cases the chicken breast should be patted as dry as possible and then after the dredging, go directly into the hot pan.If you might be dredging the breast and allowing it to sit, it will get a bit slimy.
At work our starter is over 23 years old. It was made from grape juice. Every month I feed it a beer.
Welcome to Cheftalk.   #1 Spelling #2 all ingredients should be listed first. . Do not introduce ingredients in the instructions.
When you say you followed the recipe exactly, that phrase itself is ambiguous.   Measuring flour seems to be what the problem is here. ChefTalk forums have a lot to say about this.   If the recipe calls for x cups of flour and you find you have to add a little more to get the desired consistency, so what? Recipes are just guidelines and with practice, you will find this out. There are so many variables with regard to baking; the temperature of your kitchen,...