or Connect

Posts by Chefross

And Ishbel takes home the prize. You are correct. They are butter paddles.
 I might point out that you, yourself admit that when the child gets annoyed or doesn't get what he wants, you need to remove him outside or to the bathroom until he calms down.Excuse me but this IS the very thing that other guests don't need to see or be subjected  to. And certainly not when you are paying a lot of money for the food and ambience of a restaurant.Also you mentioned that you veered away from the white tablecloth places....so your comment makes no sense. We...
When you are a cook  for a corporation chain type place, the emphasis is always on getting the hot food out as fast as possible. This mentality is drilled into corporate "manglement" and will never change. 10 minutes is too long? WTF   Good cooks that do not understand the corporate mentality are always labeled slow or inefficient. It's not you.......... But, if you are determined to continue on in this industry it would probably be a better idea for you to find a...
Whatever you do, don't cook that Bison or Elk steak beyond medium. So lean and dense the meat will dry quickly.
40 years in kitchen and I can tell you without reservation that shouting was always an integral part of the BOH scene.   I HAVE worked for Chefs who shouted at cooks, others threw pans, some got so red in the face I thought they were going to have a heart attack right there on the line.   I found the main reason they shouted was not so much because of lack of motivation or attitude but more of ego. Many had personality issues that carried over into their daily...
Thank you Someday.........
Not necessarily shouting but beatings will continue until moral improves.
"If you pay me more I'll work harder......"
Touchy subject. This is going on right now at my boss' place. They just lost their Pastry Chef and she took her recipes with her.   The company is saying that by law, anything conceived and written down as a recipe for an item served in the restaurant is restaurant property, and she is subject to prosecution for theft if she does not return them.   You need to strike a compromise with Chef.
  First off I want to welcome you to ChefTalk and then thank you for your unique perspective of corporate chain restaurants. Chains have kitchen managers instead of Chefs.Why would there be a need for a Chef when everything is convenience products that needs to be opened and heated? (Tongue in cheek here) Your observations simply proved my previous points that the kitchen doesn't understand the role of R&D in the production of their menus.Do you really believe that...