or Connect

Posts by Chefross

Thank you for explaining that.   If you're doing that alone then I'd say that's pretty good. Do you prep during the day then?
Fill a small dish with 1/2 cup vinegar. Tightly wrap it with plastic wrap stretching the wrap to make a tight drum seal on top. Toothpick holes all over the top and place this dish next to the Levain. Replace daily.
First off welcome to ChefTalk. We can only reply to the information you give us.With only 3 months under your wing, and you run dinner service alone is great.What you don't say paints a different picture so we can only assume or guess.The way you describe your ticket times and the examples you gave could be taken as if those items were convenience products simply deep fried. You don't say if you scratch cook.Can you give us a little more information please?
It's all very true. Even here the wait staff have to instruct the customers how to obtain the internet password so they can use their devices while dining.   I guess what I don't get is how the customer can claim that service times are slower even though they are the reason for it.   They take their time ordering because they want to text or take "selfies."  They stare into their phones throughout the meal and rarely talk to each other. As soon as the kitchen gets...
We are still waiting for warm weather. We haven't had but one 80 + day yet this summer.Everything in the garden looks beautiful and healthy, but is just growing really slow.Here it is going on the last week in July, and still no cukes, very few zucchini, and just flowers on the beans. It's going to be crazy when everything ripens at once.....if it does that is.
Biscotti Scones Bars Cookies Stuffing or dressings for poultry or wild game added to sautéed vegetables They can be reconstituted and used as a relish sauce or glaze
Molasses is not an ingredient in Challah.......and neither is malt syrup actually. Many bakers put it in for flavor or consistency. I can't understand why recipe writers want to put that in it. I have been baking Challah all my career and life, (as it is a religious symbol as well) I would check for other preparations before putting in foreign products in a traditional recipe.
Please be aware that Rocky Mountain Retinning has moved and is no longer in Denver area. He is still in business though.I received an email from him about a month ago.
True dat!!!
Chris....your method is same as mine. I use Russets with no problems. When I add Gruyere to it I call it Pomme Gratin.