or Connect

Posts by Chefross

WANT!!!!!!
How timely this topic has become. I picked up my weekly Nations Restaurant Newspaper, and in it was a breakdown of food related places:   Quick Service.....McD's, BK, Wndy's, Hardee, Jack in the box, Taco Bell,   Fast Casual...Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera, Noodles and Co. Einstein Noah, Potbelly Sandwich   Pizza...Domino's, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut   Coffee and Snack..Dunkin Doughnuts, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Tim Horton's   Family Dining and Buffet   Bob Evans,...
It sounds like it has morphed out of control. Without manglement behind you, it will be difficult. I agree some kind of policy needs to be implemented.
McDonalds is NOT in the hamburger business (economically speaking). McDonalds is in the real estate business to sell its' franchises. That's where the money is.
So, if tomorrow morning each and every person in the USA stopped eating fast food, what would happen? Oh I know........economics. In another thread, someone suggested that McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, work to create the illusion they are making healthier food. They offer salads, and believe that this solves the problem.   Now.......fast food IS food that is made fast so the customer is in and out fast. FAST.....Let's say that one more time shall we.........FAST   Perhaps...
Brooklyn comes to mind.....That's where the fresh fish market is every morning.
When does it become cost effective to drive all around town, (or in my case having to drive 120 miles round trip to grocery store) to purchase cheap food while using up gas, insurance and time to do so?
Yeah right and I have a  bridge  to sell you Kuan.
Wine decanters come in all shapes and sizes. The one that fits your hand best is the one to choose. Looking at a picture does not allow this. Best advice is to check out a wine store or kitchenware section of your nearest store.
  Chicago Terry, I don't see your argument as to the cost of eating better.No one suggests that free range and organic is the way to eat healthy. A bag of chips, with no nutrition DOES cost less than a bag of apples.Now take that bag of apples home and let it sit on the counter and rot because you can't eat them all within the time it takes them to break down. I too have been out of work during my career. I ate chicken livers, and oatmeal because they were cheap to buy.I...