or Connect

Posts by MisterShow

I agree with all.  Cut, soak overnight, blanch at 300, cook at 375. Makes some pretty tasty fries.
To the above poster:  I'm not lacking in self-confidence, I'm just very aware that I got into the game late, and I am by no means a prodigy.  Honestly, I don't think I want to be.  I do this job because I like the work, I have no illusions or desires to be a famous chef or a celebrity.  I never really said culinary school is a waste of time, I just don't think it's for me.  I believe there are many roads to get where I want to go, and culinary school may be one of them,...
Hey all, just looking for you all to share your thoughts on something.   I've been working in kitchens for almost five years now.  I landed myself a nice sous position a year ago at a brewpub in PA, that does some pretty cool stuff.  Local foods, etc., and I have thus far enjoyed the freedom the position gives me to do what I want in regards to specials and running the line as expediter, learning more about the ins and outs of food costs, inventory, hiring and...
Thank you very much for the vote of confidence, it's good to hear from someone other than my mom ;) just got done with a 13 hour day, complete s*it show, I'm really at my wit's end at this place. I seem to care more about the food than the people that own the place. Rang in a 45 person party in the middle of our dinner rush, without mentioning it, and the food ended up going out crappy, and I'm WAY too anal retentive for such shenanigans. On top of it they changed our...
This may be a long first post, but I'll try to use decent grammar and plenty of line breaks.I am going on 27 years old.  I started cooking about 21 months ago at a giant corporate chain restaurant (whose name I'll keep out to myself) as a way to break into the business.  I had been enrolled at LCB about a year prior and actually dropped right before I left because I didn't want to over commit myself in a field I had never worked in.I started my job at the giant...