or Connect

Posts by southpoleman69

That's what I did last night. This happened during Fridays service, Saturday I restarted with a fine corn meal, which I'm used to, and didn't add any butter. I reheated it at the pick up and added the butter and what do ya know, it held. I just never imagined this would be a problem, boy was I wrong.
We did use stock to bring it back to get us through service and it held. I have just never seen this happen before. I thought it may have to do with the fat content, however it still is mind boggling
I went to heat it back up for service added a splash of cream to thin it a bit next thing I know the butter came to the top and it turned like chunky mess. I've never even heard of it happening. Only thing I could think of is I added to much butter.
nobody has had this ever happen? or has any idea why it would happen?
I've made polenta and grits many many times. Made one today with a polenta mix, we had no corn meal. It has been laying around for a little bit, but I would imagine it would still be fine as its just corn meal. In any case, I did 4-1 ratio, with 1/2 stock and 1/2 cream, cooked it, added smoked Gouda and butter. Cooled it down, went to bring it back for service and it broke, almost every single time. Anybody ever experience this? Why would this happen?
I've made polenta and grits many many times. Made one today with a polenta mix, we had no corn meal. It has been laying around for a little bit, but I would imagine it would still be fine as its just corn meal. In any case, I did 4-1 ratio, with 1/2 stock and 1/2 cream, cooked it, added smoked Gouda and butter. Cooled it down, went to bring it back for service and it broke, almost every single time. Anybody ever experience this? Why would this happen?

As far as chefs looking down on it, I'd say mine definitely would agree with you. We work in a small kitchen, our line is big enough for 3 people with minimal bow room. We have only 6 burners, 1 fryer, a convection and a foot and half wide grill. We only serve dinner which works out for our prep. But back to it, we do not have the space to constantly have a stock pot going. We do stocks, and we do actually do veal stocks down to Demi, but it takes over a week. Typically...
Mozo. Got my first pair 3 years ago, and they held up great. Work and school full time for 2.5 years and never had an issue. They are just now ripping around the edge on the front and I could probably easily go till summer with em. I bought new mozo's a week ago, but can't justify wearing them just yet. Comfortable, sturdy nonslip reliable shoes
i got a piar of mozo shoes included in tuition, 3 years ago, and i just now ordered new ones, mozo slip ons. Mine are fine, just starting to rip around the edges, from 5-6 day work and school week for the past 3 years. Id say they are pretty sturdy and worthy of purchasing