or Connect

Posts by mike

Alternatively you can slow braise it in liquid , brown it first for colour then slowly cook it, it never dries out & offers you some interesting possibilities as far as the braise liquor is concerned....apples, prunes, citrus,herbs, alcohol,etc
I recently tried a sparkling dessert wine from Inneskillen which is in Canada. Now Ive tasted some great Sauternes , Passitos etc but this blew my mind...also brown Brothers Orange Muscat is unusual.... sorry its late,,, www.thesoulofgreatwines.com
Ditto....did you find anyone yet?
I just spent 4 weeks in Apulia buying regional wine & food for import in to the UK. Went for a lot of meals both in restaurants & peoples homes. The food is fantastic inasmuch as its fresh, brilliant quality & simply prepared. I found that each region is fiercly independent when it comes to its own dishes & any deviation from the method is greeted with animated discussion & debate (hilarious for an englishman) Most of all the food is honest & I think is far better &...
Its got to be done fast & with minimum fuss & effort, get your core Hot meals to a tee & do a godd cold buiffet nboth fruit n veg & cold cuts. Get enough staff to keep it all replenished at a minutes notice . The washing up is a ***** . Can help with recipies too, Ive done 150 banquets , 5 courses on my own in an hour & a bit. Post any problems there are a lot of pros here to help. Got a great recipie for curries too.
I dont think its that different from the toffee base used for banoffee pie...get a few tins of condensed milk & cover with boiling water...( & keep covered & keep topping up regularly) for about 3 hours....Be warned...the odd can has been known to explode !!!!....so keep a lid on the pot.... Let cool completely & presto you have dulche lette for a fraction of the price. I used to work as an account manager for the UK agents of this product & they were big time...
Great review...have you thought of food journalism,,,, It is a common thing for people to laugh when dining at the FL...it is the best compliment a chef can have....I have his cookbook & it inspires me greatly with its sound philosophy & faultless execution. For anyone reading....I recently got hold of the cd rom that comes with the El Bulli cookbook ( a shocking £120.00)...it has the most beautiful presentation of dishes I have ever seen...try n get hold of it or visit...
VBorn....yes we do eat well here & even have michelin starred restaurants...why my chums across the pond still think we boil everything I dont know....lol Treacle pudding.....weigh three eggs in the shell .Cream the same weight each of butter & caster sugar until pale fluffy. Add the eggs & teaspoon of vanilla esscence & a tablespoon of flour to stop curdling & whisk. Add the same weight (as the eggs) of self raising flour. Add finely chopped peel from 1 lemon. Mix...
I dont know the law where you are but here in the uk it is an employers legal responsibility to give you a contract after 13 weeks.if you havent got a contract of any sorts then he has no arguement & is just being akward.A tip is to leave your job after you have been paid.... Your dishes are yours & no one elses,but if it helps get your$$ then just write any crap up n hand it over (make sure you ove do tha salt hehe) An extreme solution is to get a placard made up n just...
This is confit garlic & real easy to make. Get whole heads of garlic unseperated & unpeeled. Warm enough olive oil to cover the heads add a sprig of thyme,orange peel,peppercorns & salt.when it is bubbling gently pur it over the heads n make sure they are covered completely in oil.Cover & put in a low oven until you can squeeze a clove easily out of its skin. Cool & pack in airtight sterilised jars.I suggest you make a large batch. You can reheat these quite well in the...