or Connect

Posts by Beecher

I have been trying to develop a four bran muffin and would like to include corn bran but cannot find a source. Does anyone have one?
This time of year I like to slow cook beer and cider brisket on the grill all day while making a batch of beer. I like bacon wrapped bison meatloaf with blackstrap molasses sauce. I like sweet potato rolls, pumpkin custard, apple pie with boiled cider, shoo-fly pie, molasses bread, date cake, and eggnog ice cream. It's time for Greek-style manicotti, seafood lasagna, and calzones. I'll add smoked turkey, dried cranberries and crunchy fresh apples to my salads. I'll make...
  For anyone interested, this was how the cake turned out. The bottom tier was a very dense and moist banana cake with caramel filling, the middle tier was a lemon cream cheese pound cake with a lemon curd and fresh blueberry filling, and the top tier was a dark chocolate cake with black raspberry mousse filling. I also made a chocolate stout cake, a peanut butter cake, and a fresh ginger cake which were in the kitchen for slicing and serving efficiency. All were...
mmmmK. A new update as of today...the wedding is set for 11am so this has just become a lunch buffet for 70. The bride wants a chicken item and a beef item, appetizers, salad, and a $1K budget including the cake. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
The recipe I gave needs to be refrigerated. It can be made in advance, even by a couple days. Take it out and let it 'warm up' about at least a half hour or more, then beat it again to get the smooth consistency again for applying to the cake.   Any leftover frosting can also be frozen for later use.   This recipe tastes great and is very forgiving. 
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (from Chocolatier Magazine)   3 cups granulated sugar 1/2 cup cornstarch 3 cups heavy cream 1 pound quality white chocolate 2 tablespoons pure vanilla 4 pounds unsalted butter...softened   In a medium bowl,stir together 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch. In a large saucepan, combine the remainder of the sugar and the heavy cream. Over medium heat stir constantly until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a...
Thanks for the input. The bride says (now) she really doesn't care. Her only dislikes are hard cooked eggs. She doesn't even like cake. I'm doing this more to help my friend (her mom) get through this with less stress.
I have been asked to make the cake and food for a wedding 12-17-2011 for about 60 people. Any suggestions?
Hi Greg,   Welcome to the CT forums. BDL is right, we need more information as to what kind of cookbook you're interested in. Do you want a comprehensive book, simple recipes, main dishes only, ethnic tastes, small portions? Are you skilled in the kitchen or a beginner?
We took five grown children with us to celebrate my birthday this year at my favorite sushi place (Maki Zushi) with my favorite sushi chef (Yoshi). The final tab was over a grand. That's why the kids don't usually get invited.