or Connect

Posts by finecrumb

In the morning I drink "the breakfast of champions", Diet Mountain Dew.   I love coffee, but it usually gives me migraines. It's really torture when it smells so good and I can't drink it.
BlackAnemone,   I've been a home cook for years, passionate about baking and pastry. I've always wanted to take it a step further, so I enrolled in culinary school 3 years ago. The community college in Indianapolis offers courses part time. I take courses one night a week. Some of the courses are available online (sanitation, management, nutrition, etc.) which make it even easier.   School is my stress reliever from being a psychiatrist. It's the best thing I've...
I've been in culinary school for 3 years (part time), and I can attest to the fact that THINGS WALK. I haven't lost any knives, but things like scissors, measuring cups, wooden spoons, spatulas, etc., keep disappearing in the frenzy to clean up the baking lab. Sometimes they turn up in a later class, sometimes they just need to be replaced.   My BEST FRIEND is a Salter digital scale, 11 pound capacity, weighs to 0.05 ounce. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond for about...
Hi Everyone, I have two very passionate loves, baking and medicine. I fulfilled my dream of becoming a psychiatrist, but I have also always wanted to be a pastry chef. At the liberating age of 50, I enrolled in culinary school part time at Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis. It has been a glorious 3 years. If I had known you could get college credit for baking cakes, I may never have gone to medical school. (Not really.)   I am about half finished with the...