or Connect

Posts by Jolie4686

When I go camping i always eat a hobo dinner, they are the best! My favorite is ribs and potatoes
I have always thought it was important to know where your food comes from. I want to intern at a butcher/slaughter house but until the summer i dont have the time. butchery is something i have always had an intrest in, and i have always learned best by diving in head first. Which leads me to why i am in need of help. Today we have a kill date for one of our steers and want to take the oportunity to break down  some of the meat myself. Im not sure if i should start with...
Haha thanks guys, Do you think sous vide is a possibility? And we might have access to a steam table that runs off prophane and a 106kw generator which should help a lot
I have used candy coat in the past but have always known it as candy melts. They are much easier to use, but are kinda like eating chocolate flavored wax. When melted it can be to thick and looks globby. I thinned it down with a bit of shortening and dipped it twice, to make sure there were no crumbs showing. They were a nightmare but turned out cute.
We will have a list of people with allergies and cook for them separately
We will have to supply the water we need for cooking. Like Phatch said everyone will be broken down into small groups and they are responsible for their own drinking water. We are planning on using disposable, and having a trailor for garbage. Typically there are people who come and leave every day and we have them take the trash so we dont have to have a weeks worth of garbage. Right now the only energy source i can think of is prophane, has anyone every tried using an...
when it comes to pastry cream this recipe works like a charm   60g cake flour 360g granulated sugar 1lt milk 12 egg yolks 1 vanilla bean split 60g unsalted butter   Yeild:3lbs 10oz   Sift together the flour and sugar. Whisk 240ml of milk into egg yolk, Add flour and sugar whisk till smooth. Heat remaining milk and vanilla bean to a boil, temper egg mixture, and add to rest of milk. Stir constantly until thick. boil for about 1 min. remove from heat...
I use a fold out picnic table and just keep it under my bed :) Parchement paper works, but put a damp paper towel under it to keep it moving around.
Personally i love fresh ingridents and go to the store two or three times a week at least. Im not sure what kind of stores you have where you live but i find i have the best luck at health food stores and ethnic markets, they have more loose produce. The health food store near my apartment has loose salad greens, and bulk dry ingridents so i can get only what i want. I find that pasta and rice are nice pantry items, easy to cook and you can dress it up however you...
The permits, reservations, ect. are being handled by the guy incharge of the whole treck. I am only taking care of the food aspect