or Connect

Posts by Chef_Dan_Aus

I first learnt to cook in the great town of Banff, Alberta, Canada. Any members who havent been there, I recommend you visit it, it is an unbelievable, spectacular place for one day, let alone 2 years. But in regards to the topic, in the end, people are people. Be it American people, Canadian people, or even Iraqi people. The people DO NOT represent the government, the government represents the people. And in many cases that is a misrepresentation. If only love...
I personally would say french. Being traditional and all. But also since i learnt too cook in Canada, cussing in French is a good way to vent frustration, without upsetting the customers :D
I love the good old bacon, eggs and toast. It can be either breakfast lunch or dinner :)
When it comes to life advice I also am fairly young (26), but I would say that you should follow your heart and not your mind. Dont think about the excitement that is marriage, think ahead to 20 or 30 years time. Will you be happy with this person? Are you sure you will still love this person? If you are all hesitant on those questions than dont rush into marriage. When it comes to the crunch, in the end you should really be looking after number 1! NEVER EVER let...
I agree completely. Just because someone may have not completed formal schooling does not mean they do not know the job! I have seen this first hand on more than one occasion. I guess these schools the other members talk about in the United States teach students the wrong impression, but here in Australia I was taught that even though I know how to cook, I do not know everything, in fact i really know nothing, and that when I retire from cookery, I will still not know...
I would also recommend baking rather than frying. A personal preference perhaps but I seem to get better results when baking. I also like experimenting...as with a marinate add a bit of everything to your mixture..soy sauce, red pepper, chilli, garlic all kinds of products. Sometimes they dont turn out right but sometimes you will discover a culinary delight :) The chaos theory in practice! Be bold enough to try something different. But I always say never serve a...
My favorite quote is from my first chef, who, when cooks would get frustrated and angry (as you sometimes do), would say....
yeah thanks guys im looking forward to some input from other chef's, it will only make my skills better :) Always learning as it is :D
I was the same. I started off my career as a dishwasher, before slowly moving my way up the ranks over the years until I was working as a Sous Chef. It was after that when I decided to go to school, before accepting my first appointment as Exec. Chef. Years ago when I decided to pursue a career in cookery, I chose to follow that path, and it seemed to work well for me. Over 4 years of experience did help me a great deal throughout my schooling, and combined has made my...
Hi my name is Dan and I am the Executive Chef at a medium sized Italian restaurant here in Australia. I accidently found this website the other day so im looking forward to talking with other chef's from around the world. :chef: