or Connect

Posts by dcarch

Double cleaver technique is great. Faster than using a food proccessor. You can make small quantity to feeding an army, or  you can make just one hamburger.   You can control texture better, first use the sharp edges to chop, then turn the cleavers upsidedown and use the dull spines to smash.    dcarch
Actually, I have been doing this for a few years. I have yet to have a bag broken on me. No freeezer burns on meat.   I have nice system going, I have not shown on the vedio a computer printed food adhesive labels which sticks well on the bags. Really saves time as well.     dcarch
My bags are free.   Check out my method. I never pay for bags for the freezer.   dcarch    
Perhaps you can inspect it with a high power magnifying glass. It is possible that is not residue. That may be corrosion.   There is no such metal as "stainless" They are all just stain resistant in varying degrees.   Corrosion can be caused by chemicals, or in this case it is possible, if indeed that is corrosion, that was caused by galvanic action by two dissimilar metals in an electrolytic solution. For instance if you leave a spoon of a different metal (or alloy)...
I am not disagreeing with your experience regarding architects.   It's just that I have a completely difference experience than yours.   I have two architect relatives. There are five architects living on the two blocks where I live. I have friends who are architects. I am impressed by their expertise in the specialties they are in. One of the five architects designed all the cooking facilities for the TV Foodnetwork. He has taken me to show me many of his kitchens he...
Come to think of it, another inexpensive way:   Go to a Home Depot building supply store and get a sheet of 1" thick rigid foam insulation.   You can easily cut with a knife to make a box big enough for your plates. Use packing tape to construct the box. It will be plenty strong.   Heat up your plates in you oven and store the hot plates in the foam insulated box.   The plates will be very hot for the whole day.   Afterwards, you can disassemble the foam boards...
 A heat lamp can only heat up the top surface, that's why it can heat up food and a single plate. it is the nature of infrared radiation. Simple test with three plate under the sun: A white one, and two black ones. The white plate will take much longer to get heated up by the sun than the black one. Now put the other black one in shade. It will never get hot. Many plates will be in shade if you have 20 plates to warm in stacks.  dcarch
The reason why I think a heat lamp may not work well is because heat lamp heats with infrared radiation, just like the sun. Under the sun, anything in the shadow will not be heated. Also, anything that is highly reflective (white) cannot be heated efficiently.   If you have to warm many plates regularly, you may want to look into...
Forgot to mention:   While my method works great for warming from 1 to as many plates as your microwave oven's size will allow, do be careful not to microwave plates with fancy metalic designs.   The microwave can quickly burn away those designs.   dcarch