or Connect

Posts by dcarch

As real as anyone can be trained the trick of walking on fire.   dcarch
They call them "Fun gi"   dcarch   Steak & Baby bella
Really, a digital thermometer is just a few dollars, that is the only sure way not to mess up your very expensive prime ribs and your reputation.    No one can give you a sure answer because all ovens are different, and no one knows the starting internal temperature of the meat, and the thickness of the meat.   If you do this often, you may want to look into the concept of sous vide cooking.     Just MHO.   dcarch
A good thermometer.     dcarch
Cast iron cookware was invented in China. They have been doing it for centuries. You will find low quality as well as high quality ones.   There is no magic in the manufacturing of cast iron items. It is a very low tech item. China makes the lowest quality products and the highest quality products. Shop wisely.   I don't think a very smooth cast iron pan is essential for non-stick. As a matter of fact some of the best non-stick pans are made purposefully with...
I suppose it is creating a surface similar to the lotus effect.   dcarch  
Use yuzu oranges.   dcarch
"I've tried a few different tomato sauce recipes from pizza books aimed at home cooks and they're okay, but never as special as a good pizzeria." And good pizzerias use MSG also. The next time you have a spectacularly delicious meal in a fancy restaurant, you can be enjoying MSG also. And I don't mean in a Chinese restaurant. MSG is everywhere. dcarch
All fast foods, and many others add MSG.    Check their ingredients and you will see.     http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm     dcarch
MSG in many.   dcarch