or Connect

Posts by dcarch

http://www.gq.com/story/dulse-superfood-healthier-than-kale-tastes-like-bacon  dcarch
Now back to cooking. What do heat sinks have to do with cooking?   I am interest in heat sinks because you may see in my collection of heat sinks, there are two for Peltier Junction devices. Attached to a cookware, It is capable of either keeping food cold or hot.   I mentioned "Heat Pipe", Heat pipe can make a very efficient heat conductor to heat up the inside of, say a turkey.   dcarch
 Really? Ok, so I guess having actually used the stuff was a figment of my imagination. See my response above. Diodes, (after selenium rectifiers, which came with their own heat sinks) mostly came in fours for full wave bridge rectification. On a circuit board, four heatsinks will take up a lot of very expensive circuit board real estate.  No, not in the science but it doesn't take a genius to realize the changes that have taken place in electronics since the 60's and that...
" My first job out of high school (back in the 60's ) was in the electronics industry. We used that exact same material so I can say it's definitely heat sink material. Sure, heat sink material is aluminum,  You can find a million things make with aluminum.   We got it in something like 3 foot lengths and cut it up. It's for use with stud mounted rectifiers or diodes. You drill and tap a hole in the center of the end and screw the diode into it."   I don't see how...
If you go to the link I posted above, look thru the material, you will see the design allows 90 degree connection, 45 degree connections or 135 degree connection. You will also see the similarities of post designs very similar to the item in question here. dcarch
All extruded pole connectors come with plastic top cap, side caps and bottom base as part of the same system, which will eliminate exposed corners. If you go to the bottom diagrams in the link, you will see how the shape allows connecting flexibility. dcarch
The heat sinks with a solid center shaft are heat sinks for high power LEDs. But again, the whole idea of heat sinks is lots of surface area to radiate heat.   If you Google LED heat sinks, you will see they all have lots and lots of fins.   dcarch   Do check out this link:   http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Aluminum-Extrusion-profile-small-hole-8_60197275247.html   It says: Application - accessories for exhibition booths 
Good shot dcarch, but there are some problems with the salesman sample angle.   The wood piece is tapered on 4 sides, that's a funny representation of a panel piece, but a fair approximation of a handle.  It's also solid hardwood, you would think they'd use a real panel sample, not something that wood be impossibly expensive to supply as a panel.   If you follow the perspective lines, the four edges are not tapered. For some kinds of show room display panels, hardwood...
"It looks like he used an old phillips head screwdriver as a punch to bond the handle to the head.----"   This is what i think it can be:   This is may be a salesman's sample kit to show a quick install panel system.   The "Handle" is too square to be a handle. It may be part of a panel, which has pre-machined groves which fit the extruded panel connector. Once the panel slices into the droves, a powerful crimper, electric or pneumatic , will crimp the channel in a...
i don't think it is a heat sink.    As i said, a heat sink has many more fins for heat dissipation, a heat sink is either circular to go on a motor or a pipe, or flat like the two pictures in post #34 for mounting diodes, rectifiers or high power solid state devices, transistors  etc.   dcarch