or Connect

Posts by dcarch

Wonderful reading, this thread.  There is hope for world peace! Back on topic: 2" x 12" x 18" is absolutely the perfect size for the home kitchen. A standard size plastic grocery bag fits perfectly over the board using the handles as straps. One bag at each end of the board and you can trim pork, chicken, any dirty food, on the board without having to clean and sanitize the board afterwards. dcarch
That can be 100% correct.  I cannot say it is not because I have no idea. I Googled Image "Vintage wooden butter paddles", "Butter paddles", "butter press", "butter molds", "vintage butter paddles" ------ thousands of pictures, not one looks remotely the same as the picture. The design is curious, why the sloped bottom plate at one end? why the top is hinged with a roller, the mechanical geometry makes it impossible to roll the top paddle. The countersunk holes implies the...
Amazing life!    I have said, substantial people are self-confident nice people, Peter McCracken is a good example.   Peter and I discussed "sous vide" thru PM, because he was not pleased with the emotional tone the topic was discussed in the Forum.   From Peter, " Sous vide is vacuum packed with seasonings and cooked to precise temperatures, whether water or oil bath or carefully controlled ovens, often for extended periods of time. Low temperature cooking is...
Try this:   https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=960&bih=546&q=%E9%B1%BC%E5%B9%B2&oq=%E9%B1%BC%E5%B9%B2&gs_l=img.12...2426.2426.0.3913.1.1.0.0.0.0.84.84.1.1.0....0...1ac.2.48.img..1.0.0.MjG-mM8x88c   dcarch
Peter and I had a few very nice chats thru PM. What a knowledgeable and kind person.   I am in shock and utterly speechless. :-(   dcarch
Unless you work for a restaurant, it is not that important to chop food at supersonic speeds and to slice food that looks better than coming out from a food processor. Good for showing-off.    But if your employment requires you to be a human food processor, put a piece of duct tape over the sharp edge of you favorite knife and practice chopping/slicing as fast as you can, without food, every chance you get.    dcarch
  I think that's just an advertisement for this company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Connection_(clothing) dcarch
This one is my original, and food and chefs related:   dcarch  
I am glad that we agree on this point, that it is the speed of the blades (rpm) which makes the difference in performance for a blender, If you calculate the 24,000 rpm of the ninja and 37,000 rpm of the Vitmix, there is huge difference in blade speed in Vitamix's favor.  It is very difficult to achieve Vitamix's extreme high speed for a motor. To counteract centrifugal force, everything has to be strengthened, the bearings, the internal turbine ventilation blades, The...
So, if you don't mind, let's talk some more. In turbine design, the more blades you have, the more quantity of air you will move, but the speed of air will not increase. To increase the speed of air moving, you will need multiple stages of blades in a turbine inlet compression compartment, or increase the rpm of the blades, not more blades in the same stage. In the onion example. more chefs chopping, more onions will be chopped, but the onions will not be chopped finer. To...