or Connect

Posts by dcarch

Good shot dcarch, but there are some problems with the salesman sample angle.   The wood piece is tapered on 4 sides, that's a funny representation of a panel piece, but a fair approximation of a handle.  It's also solid hardwood, you would think they'd use a real panel sample, not something that wood be impossibly expensive to supply as a panel.   If you follow the perspective lines, the four edges are not tapered. For some kinds of show room display panels, hardwood...
"It looks like he used an old phillips head screwdriver as a punch to bond the handle to the head.----"   This is what i think it can be:   This is may be a salesman's sample kit to show a quick install panel system.   The "Handle" is too square to be a handle. It may be part of a panel, which has pre-machined groves which fit the extruded panel connector. Once the panel slices into the droves, a powerful crimper, electric or pneumatic , will crimp the channel in a...
i don't think it is a heat sink.    As i said, a heat sink has many more fins for heat dissipation, a heat sink is either circular to go on a motor or a pipe, or flat like the two pictures in post #34 for mounting diodes, rectifiers or high power solid state devices, transistors  etc.   dcarch
 Will not work with my friend. He orders his steaks medium rare. When the steak comes, he tells the waiter, "Oh, sorry, I changed my mind. Can you make my steak well done instead?" dcarch
IMHO, the only reason you will refuse to cook meat well done is if you operate a sushi restaurant.   dcarch
It cannot be a heat sink. Not enough fins.    The wood part does not look like a handle to me.    I think it is (a sample)  part of a structural post extrusion for connecting panels, like the following post...
No. Gooseberries are kiwi fruits.   Swamp grapes are Muscadine Grapes.   I have seen people sell them as Italian grapes for high price. I am not sure you can find Muscadine Grapes in Italy.   dcarch
It it almost impossible for normal home tools to give a large wood cutting board a new truly flat surface, not with a belt sander, not with a router, not with a wood plane.   A large cabinet maker shop can do it in seconds and will not charge you a lot.   There is a way you can do it with a router or a table saw. You need to make a setup to do that.   Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of my setup when I was making a few end grain cutting boards.   dcarch
 Oh yeah! I just came back from Vancouver. Went to a few. The one that was very good and reasonable was Nanaimo. I was there several times. Very busy place. dcarch
Not my intention to drag out this discussion any longer. However it would be irresponsible of me not to comment on food safety issues when I feel incorrect information is being said. I also want to apologize in advance, if my information turn out to be the incorrect one. I am here to learn from all you knowledgeable members in this wonderful forum:   In re-reading this thread, I just noticed this statement :   @Luc H., "----Fresh fish should be free from parasites,...