or Connect

Posts by dcarch

There is no such thing "food pairing" IMHO. I know, I will be the laughing stock on this Forum. Gorgonzola and pears pairing will make many people from other cultures puke, and v.s. Thousand year eggs and pickled ginger, you like? I think tastes in flavors are mostly aquired.  Food pairing must also consider the texture component. What do you think of Gorgonzola and pears smoothie? How about ice cream that is not frozen? Same flavor, right? dcarch
Chicken cracklins for garnish, probably needs to be done a little differently:   dcarch    
Gas heats by conduction. Electric heats by 1/2 conduction and 1/2 infrared radiation.   IR cannot heat up areas that is in the shadow of the heating elements.   There is a little difference in the development of crust when you bake.     dcarch
And here is me removing duck skin.   dcarch  
From Google:   "Sugar, which is a natural part of the fig will sometimes migrate to the surface of the fig, causing these crystals. This sugaring is often confused with mold. This is not mold, but simply a naturally occurring ingredient. Because of the extra sweetness caused by the sugaring, many consumers actually prefer a sugared fig."   dcarch
The time it takes to wrap a knife, buy a box, seal the box, address the box, go to the post office to send it, is enough for me to sharpen 10 knives.   dcarch
Sharing or not sharing recipes is not the biggest issue.   There are people who will share a recipe with you, except they never tell you that the recipe is not the exact real recipe.   dcarch
I have been using those strong magnets for the last 10 years. I like that system because the knives are always dry, and I can hang at least twice as many knives in the same space.   dcarch
OK, another one from me. Food related.   dcarch
With super powerful rare earth magnets (Neodymium ), my knives are hung by their very tips, even heavy ones.   The blade never touches anything.   dcarch