or Connect

Posts by dcarch

I think that's just an advertisement for this company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Connection_(clothing) dcarch
This one is my original, and food and chefs related:   dcarch  
I am glad that we agree on this point, that it is the speed of the blades (rpm) which makes the difference in performance for a blender, If you calculate the 24,000 rpm of the ninja and 37,000 rpm of the Vitmix, there is huge difference in blade speed in Vitamix's favor.  It is very difficult to achieve Vitamix's extreme high speed for a motor. To counteract centrifugal force, everything has to be strengthened, the bearings, the internal turbine ventilation blades, The...
So, if you don't mind, let's talk some more. In turbine design, the more blades you have, the more quantity of air you will move, but the speed of air will not increase. To increase the speed of air moving, you will need multiple stages of blades in a turbine inlet compression compartment, or increase the rpm of the blades, not more blades in the same stage. In the onion example. more chefs chopping, more onions will be chopped, but the onions will not be chopped finer. To...
Actually it does not work that way. RPM x diameter of blades = velocity. Velocity is what counts. It is the difference between the speed of the blade tips and the speed of food travel that makes chopping effective. In other words, you can have 100 blades, and if they all rotating at 10 rpm, it will have no blending of the food at the end of the day. May be another example. If one car goes 50 miles per hour, will 10 cars each going at 50 miles per hour get there ten times...
Important factors when considering blenders:   Power is not everything. RPM is very important. A 500 horsepower car engine will make a lousy blender because it only rotates at around 6,000 rpm.   The Ninja runs at 24,000 rpm, and the Vitamix runs at 37,000 rpm, much higher, the higher the better.   rpm, is not everything. The fluid dynamic design of the jar is very important. If the food rotates at the same rpm as the blades, there will be 0 blending, doesn't matter...
"----But I will be running solar power and a cng generator. But the food truck needs to wait until I get the physical location going first.---"   Solar power is good for PR, not a practical electric power source. A solar panel oriented exactly optimally towards the sun will give about 10 watts/sq. ft. Not useful for cooking use. The roof of your truck will only be big enough for less than 200 watts, and a blender can take 1000 watts. Solar power will need very heavy...
Sous vide has to use electric power, one small setup will be around 1000 watts. How many setups will you have? how are you going to supply the electric power? Also, the power should be continuous and steady. Many sous vide systems require resetting if the power is interrupted. Then you still need power for refrigeration, etc.  To other comments: Sous vide will not give you the finished product. It is only part of the cooking process. Yes, there will be plenty of good smell...
"---I suggest you don't get one that lacks the fully-variable speed feature- I think that would limit its versatility somewhat.---"   ​Or you can buy a PWM variable motor speed controller for around $20.00. Plug in the blender, and you can vary the speed from 0 RPM to max RPM.   PWM stands for paused width modulation. It gives the motor full torque even at slow speed.     dcarch
I see table for one. Are you always this romantic when you are eating alone? dcarch