or Connect

Posts by Headless Chicken

Yes I know, its been a while and I'm still alive.   It is probably my own fault though, I left the company and this industry 3 years ago to work with family in a professional area that I have little to no background in only to return to my old job after they sought me out 2 months later.  I basically went back for the wrong reasons though, I was getting married and figured I could use those company benefits back...I'm an institutional cook/supervisor.    So here I am...
Having started a family, I had to give mine up...for now at least. http://www.airsoftcanada.com/  is a forum I regular on for my hobby.  What is airsoft?  Think paintball only funner, in my opinion at least.  Same fundamentals as shooting real firearms; same handing, safety, equipment with the biggest difference being we can shoot people without pesky little consequences like death.  Its more milsim (military simulation) oriented vs 2 team elimination speedballer so its...
The misses had her first checkup yesterday.  Wasn't much of anything, they just took her weight and asked for some medical history amongst some forms I had to fill out for her.  And the doc pulled out the ultrasound machine so I got to hear the little tyke.  I now gotta book another clinic for her blood test and some scans then return in 4 weeks for the results.  It wasn't as much as I was lead to believe; I was told a down payment of $2000 was needed on the first visit...
We can simply toss diapers in the garbage.   I highly doubt I'll be shopping for daycare, my wife won't be working at least until she gets her landed immigrant status.  I think mom is thinking of taking early retirement in a couple years also plus I got 2 FOB aunts who don't work right now either, babysitting will be covered.    Baby's 1st month birthday is simply a big dinner almost similar to a Chinese wedding banquet but less posh but I'll have to look into...
HA not an option.   She is a Hong Kong citizen and only here on a visitor's visa but we've already started the paperwork for her landed immigrant status.  Means she doesn't have health coverage (OHIP) so I'll be paying out for everything.  No sleep for me, maybe do a part time job during weekends.  Was considering looking into one of those "work from home" off my computer.  Gotta do what I gotat do I guess.
Boy have I missed this place.   Been quite busy since my last visit/post here.  I had quit my job at Compass Group Canada only to return to them 3 months later...man was that an idiot move.  Ended up getting married, did a small reception before the end of the year, got to meet about half of my new family as they were all from out of town; the misses is a Hong Kong citizen so we've started the paper work to keep her here.  And now I just found out I'll be a father in...
I think theres also the Culinary Institute of Canada in Charlottetown, PEI and Liason College in Toronto, I think there is also a good culinary program at Stratford U.  I don't know much about any of them though.   GBC is easy to get in to and affordable but you'll hate their administration work. 
My former kitchen was turning their leaf, converting most of the positions into part time work but everyone is unionized so they still kept everything their contract entitled including sick days and vacation time.  Only thing they get dinged on was their 2 week paycheck.  Still cheaper but these people don't have the skill sets, a simple labor force.
  Oh that we know and have explained, even this girl has heard stories from her aunt.  We've gotten to know each other fairly well in the couple of months of webcaming, we chatted pretty much every night since being introduced.  We've talked a lot since meeting in person also.   Again though, I have never ever been anything near close so I'm completely inexperienced, let alone when someone tongues me on our first kiss so I really can't say whether we're moving along...
So things have come along well enough.  Light recap; I quit my kitchen job after being shafted for almost 7 years to work with my uncles as I will be going through a major life style change during the next few years.  One such change is martial status, I was introduced to someone who lives out of town...out of the country actually over 2 months ago and we chat a lot through MSN webcam during that time.    Well shes here now visiting me, she has an open air ticket and...