or Connect

Posts by Headless Chicken

Looks extra crispy.   I may have landed an internal transfer but I need to hear if their district director will allow it.  On top of that, the place is managed by someone I worked with so this person knows what I am capable of.  Biggest problem where I am is how unorganized and incompetent the place is at ever level.  I had hoped head office would make necessary changes but it doesn't look that way which surprises me because  I know for a fact that the client isn't...
Its been 2 years since I last went, I remembered seeing a lot of construction while I was there last so I am wondering how much as Vegas changed.  I hear there is a new hotel on the strip?   I won't be going till late August, I will be staying at the Venetian so I'm thinking I can finally get to hit Bouchon (BTW, how much should I expect to pay per head minus drinks?).  I will look up some shows, wouldn't mind some recommendations.  I will more then likely hit...
Thanks for all the suggestions, sorry for the slow response as its been hectic.  Sent out about 5 resumes, I will also be reworking my resume a bit more.  I use to be able to spit out the mother sauces after finishing school, now I can barely remember their names let alone make them.  Much of my knowledge base is very rusty because I never got to put it to use at work, guess I gotta get back to hitting the books if I intend to aim higher.    I have been finding out a...
I absolutely have no idea or maybe its just me. (RANT WARNING, skip the next 2 paragraphs for my question)   . I've been working with Chartwells/Compass Group for almost 5 years now. I've gone from working the grill to learning the aspects of all our food serving stations, kitchen supervisor, and catering services. I've worked extremely hard to maintain things around; I help ordering by listing everything and organize all the storage plus inventorying everything, I...
My chef used my can opener today, the general use one for the kitchen is crap. He noticed and mentioned to me that my can opener can open either way you turn the knob. I quickly responded with "So my can opener is bi? Right on!" "No seriously it...[wait a second to process]...shaddap"
Will be there in a week for 1 day and will be back for 1 more day after the cruise.  Would like to hear some suggestions from anyone.  Last time I was there, we walked into a few places that wasn't all that good so would like to hear some solid opinions.  We'll be staying at the Hilton Doubletree, walking distance preferred since we're not renting a car this time around.  Any help is much appreciated.maps.google.ca/maps
Bright Pearl is good, a bit touristy and a little pricey crowded with guai lao compare my normal haunts.  River Seafood on Gerrard and Broadview has excellent dim sum, 3 people can eat generously for $30, its small but you'll never have to wait for a table, and the ladies there surprisingly know a lot of English.  I usually go to Sky Dragon only because its easier for me to get to and their Sunday happy hour lasts longer. I went to Ruth's Chris some 15 years ago, perhaps...
Should also mention the place that sells veal eggplant sandwiches in St. Lawrence market, lower levels by the stairs.
Kings Noodles and Kom Jug Yuen in downtown Chinatown. But for franchise fast food, Popeyes.
You can't really go wrong with any of the meat vendors there but I trust at any of the places in the middle of the building (can't remember names) for meats and fish. Produce, I hit the one at the main entrance and another by the West wall. I also hit the St. Lawrence Market for bagels and veal & eggplant parmesan sandwiches.