or Connect

Posts by silvercliff46

Ok You guys did a great job on spare ribs, and baby backs.    Now how about fall apart country ribs on the smoker????    I bake them in the oven with kraut and they come out that way.  There has to be a way to do them up in the smoker so they are tender, and juicy.   Is this a case for boiling, or another type of technique.  By the way I have teeth, but keep them in a jar in my bathroom (I hate eating with a mouth full of plastic).
Everthing came out great and everyone loved it.  The chicken was melt in your mouth good, tender and moist.  The "Bacon Explosion" aka "Fatty" ended up perfect.   I quit smoking the chicken a few degrees short of done, popped it in the Nesco on warm until served.  The "Explosion" I let warm to room temp, put it in a preheated oven at 350.  When the temp hit 140F I shut the oven off, at serving time the internal temp was 160.   Thank the Lord, and my helper team...
I seem to have been nominated by my church to be executive chef or all our church functions.  This entails everything from feasts to one dish stuff.  The one dish stuff is easy, but the feast stuff is hard.   Today I am smoking two 10 pound + Bacon explosins.  Sort of a bacon wrapped stuffed bulk brat meatloaf.  It is slathered inside with mustard, stuffed with onions, kraut, and Swiss cheese.  It will be served tomorrow, and must be referigerated until before the...
Ya know, I got to agree with you........, what's that about.   
I have around 100 cookbooks dating back to the 1930's.  Some of the WWII cook books have some neat stuff in them.  There were a lot of shortages, and they tell you how to get around some of those shortages.   I have them stored on several shelves of my book case.  I also have my Master Cook software, and around 20,000 recipes in several collections.    Nope, I will never make all those recipes, but it's nice to search through my MC collection for inspiration. ...
I'm just a foodie, not a chef.  So I figured I wanted a good knife, but like you did not want to mortage my home for a knife.  I bought the Victorinox Fibrox Chef's Knife well over a dozen years ago.    Here is where I am going to get some heat.  I use a Firestone opposing wheel electric sharpener, then a fine opposing wheel hand sharpener before using a rough steel, then a fine steel.  I do this, and can shave with the knife afterward.  I owned a Chef's Choice, and...
I have some carbon steel butchering knives.  I only use them for butchering.  I sharpen before use.  I keep the steel close while working.  Wash throughly after, touch up as necessary, lightly oil with mineral oil.  Then do it all over again next time I butcher.    I'm no pro, but for what it is worth, that's what I do. 
I have a FoodSaver, and it works for me.  I can marinate in twenty minutes instead of 24 hours, so something must be happening in there????  I have tried freezing fish in water, and personally don't like it.  The fish seem to break down, and are mushy.   I have purchased the cheaper bags from Walmart.  They are thinner and don't hold up to repeated use like the FoodSaver bags, but I still use them.  One trick I have learned from a friend was to fold a paper towel to...
I know what you mean about junk gadgits.  I hate them, and the drawers I have full of them!  Thanks for the link, ya gotta know it will end up in one of my drawers.
Thanks.., downloading and will check it out.  It may well have been posted previously, but I haven't been around that long???