or Connect

Posts by Avanika

I'm curious too. And what effects this has had on the school, since it was my dream school for whenever I do end up going!
Hey chalkdust,   I'm Indian, and I stand by everything chefelle said, he/she actually explained it pretty well!   Though I have to agree with one point Vittoriobravo made, that there are a LOT of variations on this, every part of the country makes it slightly different.
Hey.. I can't help you, but I'd love for the link to some of those blogs. I'm trying to make my decision too, any information is extremely helpful!
I've been trying to look up reviews of good baking books, but all the older ones are giving me some kind of system error.
Thanks for your replies!! So you're saying that CIA Napa [the one I had my heart set on anyway] is better than LCB London, even considering the extra year?? I know these are more set on making money, but I figured that even still, they have their reputation to consider, and not one student I've spoken to is unhappy about their time there!   I would love to apprentice somewhere, but I wouldn't know how to go about it, and I can't simply fly out without a plan :P
Culinuthiast - Thanks for you grrst reply. So you're saying that those would be better options than LCB London. I would actually love to go the CIA, but is it worth an extra year, when LCB is just 9 months? I actually love the CIA :)   And about the other schools, could you point me in the right direction? I only know of a few schools in France, which are out of the running because of the teaching in French.
Maybe I wasn't clear, I want to become a pastry chef. Work for a few years after school, and ultimately own my own bakery!  
Hey all,   I know there are millions of threads out there, and I have read through most of them. However I need to ask - which school would you suggest going to? I am from India, so a local college is out of the question, I'm going to have to travel anyway.   I already have my bachelor's degree in management, so though I had my heart set on the CIA, I am now looking at more options. One other one is LCB London which is supposed to be the best one after Paris, and...
So many raves for one recipe!! I registered just to say that I have this recipe noted down, I shall try it soon and give my reviews [raves] too :P :)