or Connect

Posts by wizcat3

What do you think about this one. In school a chef had us clean/sanitize a very old free standing butcher block with Kosher Salt and a very hard brush. How would you take care in that situation? I often think about that. The othe situation is---- the Health Dept did not have a problem with Formica work stations ?? He said if they are not "broken" they are just fine. The original surface had long gone. Humm. I had to use bleach to get the marks off.
Thanks. You know---I wonder why homeowners dont get the education about food safety in their own kitchens. All these cleaners for household kitchens, and they dont really have the correct sanitizer, hummm, according to the Health Dept. In fact, some of the products out there are, or could be, darn right dangerous!! Wiz
H, Just came back from visiting a friend and she was cleaning her chix prep board with vinegar water. OOPs! So I told her the :lol: health dept super should not come today. She does not have the sanitation system that the prof kitchens have. I cant remember the formula of Bleach to water which would clean her cutting board and still not dangerour to future uses. You :blush::blush:know, enough and not too much. Is there anyone here not that could give me the formula? ...
You are wrong! I did not have to take the the safe -----Course. Nothing required. Its not like NYC where I worked before. We/ I did have a very clean Kitchen according to the health Dept. I tlhink this happened just recently. I owened the restaurant for 32 plus mos. Well, its gone now. Wiz
You Guys are right! OK I know You are right. Its gone! Such a waste! I should have been on top of it. However, we did have monthly pest control. Our landlord did not care to keep the building secure at the recomendations of the person who wanted to control all these problems. *At my expense!@#$%^&*()_
I cant open again in the same place. Thats "another" storybut maybe I just practice tempering and do some sugar/choc work and then just throw out. do I have to protect myself. They are a terrible animals. What possible disease would I get. I just dont know.W
I just recently closed the restaurant after 2yrs and 9mos, sad but thats another story. I found that a "R" or a "M" had eaten a golf ball size whole in the corner of an unopened 11# block of white chocolate. This shelf was 6ft high. What do you think I should do? Should I just toss the whole thing?. I know some kitchens would just Keep it. However, I think I should toss but on the other hand I dont want to as its expensive. Look forward to your posts. W
OOPs dont know what I did
I cant tell you how many pies I bake for Thanksgiving in the Bakery. We dont have time to pre cook the shells. For a 9" Deep shell we just pour the custard into the shell and bake. ( at least 20 pies) at 350. We pull them out as soon as the KNIFE almost comes out clean. For Thanksgiving we prob do 60pumpkin Pies not including all the others. We prob have the worst oven (as all commercial ovens are) There great pies, tho. Know your oven.
I cant tell you how many pies I bake for Thanksgiving in the Bakery. We dont have time to pre cook the shells. For a 9" Deep shell we just pour the custard into the shell and bake. ( at least 20 pies) at 350. We pull them out as soon as the KNIFE almost comes out clean. For Thanksgiving we prob do 60pumpkin Pies not including all the others. We prob have the worst oven (as all commercial ovens are) There great pies, tho. Know your oven.