or Connect

Posts by Toody

I found a delicious recipe for sugar cookies that contains all the usual ingredients, with the addition of sour cream. However, the recipe does not instruct me to chill the dough. Do you suggest that I chill the dough, especially since it contains 5 cups of flour?
Suzanne, Thanks for the hints! Next time, I'll have to try the egg substitute. Jackie:)
Hi, I hope someone can help answer a question. I recently breaded some zucchini slices: first with flour, then egg mixed with a little water, and finally with bread crumbs. The first time everything worked out great, then a couple days later when I breaded the second zucchini, I ran into problems. After dredging the zucchini in flour and shaking off the excess, I then dipped the zucchini in the scrambled egg/water mixture. At this time, the egg, which did originally...
I want to thank everyone for their advice. Maybe I'll give that recipe a second chance, and, of course, implement all of your suggestions! I am planning on making some homemade chicken soup, and I can save some of that broth!
Hello. Please help! I recently tried a recipe for braised chicken, which was taken from a popular TV show. I followed all of the steps precisely, but had trouble after I added the broth. I browned four chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, for 3-4 minutes on each side in 1 T. olive oil. I removed them, added 1 T. oil, 1 lb. sliced mushrooms, garlic cloves and salt; covered and sauted them. I then added the 1/2 cup wine and let evaporate for one minute. Next, I...