or Connect

Posts by Hausfrau

Hello from Canada.  I am going to be travelling to Boulder in October with the view of possibly moving to the area in the next few years.  I would appreciate making contact with anyone who would have the time to talk with me about the area and what types of places I might find work in.   I am a mature woman with over 14 years mixed experience (catering and restaurant...fine dining, casual, cafeteria) and my Red Seal.   Please send me a message with information on...
Congratulations to all of you for pursuing your papers.  I wrote my Red Seal just about a year ago.  The online study website was only moderately helpful, in my opinion.  The only advice I can give is to think in terms of procedures....what steps you would follow to prepare a specific item.  Eg....would the carrots be a)steamed, b)boiled, c)sauted   On Cooking was the text used at school and covers a good quantity of the information but some things were NOT covered...
Thanks durangojo......Underarmour is my son's favourite sports gear.  I have taken a brief look at them but will look closer.   LOL.....I call it uni-boob    time to go to work.....I will check in later.  thanks everyone  
thanks for the effort chef.....unfortunately, that site doesn't ship to Canada.   sports bras with moisture whicking material are the best choice currently available on the market... it will likely come down to an expensive trial and error of purchasing and discarding until I find the right combination of fit, comfort and moisture control.  I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest a brand that they have already tried and found acceptable  
Thank you, everyone, for the input.  I will check out the green bottle Gold Bond.   You are right, Foodnfoto.....I haven't got a clue as to how to go about it but I think that women in a professional kitchen have specific needs from their bras that just aren't met in the "everyday" bra lines.  Support and comfort are key....when you get slammed, the last thing you want to feel is an under wire jabbing you or having to pull the band back into place yet again....
I like the handkerchief idea; thanks for that advice too,kaneohegirlnaz. 
Again my thanks.  This is what I am researching right now ... to find the right kind of "bra" which is supportive yet moisture whicking.  The site you gave was very informative and I will consider them. I am also going to look into Body Armour.
I appreciate the comment IceMan......in no way is this issue exclusive to women and I know you guys suffer just as much in your own special parts.   Commando would not be an option for me since I am rather "well endowed" and have issues with the girls.  They need to be supported or I can be in a great deal of pain.  On my days off, at home, I will go commando for periods of time to let the prickly rash breathe.   I will have to look into the Gold Bond products...
I have a mission right now to find the best possible bra to wear while working.  I am in a kitchen that has no a/c and we are already very warm for the season.  Swamp boob syndrome is GOING to happen...it is inevitable...and I would like to be prepared before the prickly rash makes me soooo uncomfortable.   Please share your thoughts and sources  
I haven't been on in a  long time but this is a thread I can get into.....   White chef coats (spares downstairs for the inevitable sploosh), black scrub pants, black bistro apron (never a bib apron) unless it is too hot and SIKA clogs. I loathe wearing hats so try to keep my hair as short as possible.    Never any make up at work but I always have to moisturize lots....I have rosacea so have really bad face rash if I don't protect my face when I am on...