or Connect

Posts by aric87

Like these guys all said, working the line when it's busy is stressfull... yelling is a by product. You will learn to let it go. Try to remember the criticisms the guys say. Some of it may help you get quicker, but don't worry if it's just them being pissed and yelling. Also, to get quicker try to streamline the way you do things. Go look at the line when you have spare time, or when someone else is working and their not busy. Keep in mind where they keep things, such as...
My personal recommendation is neither. The name associated with them is gonna cost you a fortune. I go to a community college and we just had a graduate win 2nd place in Vegas and get invited to compete in LA... This is his first national competition. I would recommend you look into the merits of some less expensive schools. Our graduates have routinely schooled JWU graduates in the kitchen... and I have personally done so as well.... before I started culinary school. It...
try finding a chef in your area that has intrest in the disease. Many people, myself included, like to help out in the community and would love to assist you with some cooking for home. Try that, and good luck
Jim, the chart in the book I am looking at shows the growth rates at different temperatures. At 42 degrees, the growth is so minute it does not register on the chart. As I said, growth will happen, but at such a slow rate that, compared to 95 degrees where the bacteria is already in death phase after two days, 42 degrees will make it through a few days. I believe it is in chapter two, on the bottom of the page. I was simply trying to illustrate that 1 degree will not end...
I think Chefross may be right, burn out is the likely cause. I feel, being an emt, firefighter, and cook, that burnout is inevitable. The key is finding an outlet... When you stop enjoying dinner service, ask why? Is it the people, is the menu boring? Sometimes change will help, new menu maybe, or try taking a class, learning something new and offering to apply it to your menu.... a garde manger complement maybe? Do an artistic fruit presentation or something. Maybe just...
they payed some scientist way toooo much money to culture bacteria at different temperatures and see how fast they replicate. According to the servesafe manual, bacteria really doesnt reproduce for about 5 to 6 days in 42 degree temperatures. And being under 40, the bacteria will still grow in refrigeration, until you hit about 10 and it's frozen. It will just take a longer period of time. 
theres should be little to no blood coming out of a well done... or at least it shouldn't look like blood. I tend to find that with a thermometer it's tough to tell in a thinner cut of meat. Best thing to do for wd is to cook it extra just to be sure. Medium has a little wiggle room, as does rare, but wd has to be done done.
they make everything at the corporate facility and then freeze it and send it out to their grill donkeys to defrost and give to Chef Mike for a minute before serving. You don't really mention where your opening this place, so I'm gonna say that if you have the availability of a local butcher, you should try to utilize that. I think you could market a huge crowd by advertising 1. Fresh meat daily, as you could get it from the butcher in the mornings, and 2. advertise for/...
Try going into a city that has a chinese quarter. Boston has a huge section. Bring an interpreter and explain that you are intereested in learning how they really do things. Not sure if you have the resources available, but I would say that would be your best bet. 
even worse... I have a kid that talks MORE than the instructor. The chef requires us to take an art class that is basic drawing, phtograpy, and ice carving. This dipus had more to say to the instructor than the instructor had to teach... SOOOOOOOO Annnoying!!!!