or Connect

Posts by aric87

Good point, I wouldn't do that just based on simplicity alone, however it's was a pretty good example (i hope) of how you can plan one sauce for various proteins.. 
Do yourself a favor and stick to what you are comfortable with as well. It's never good to try something way out there at an interview. If you have a favorite style of cuisine, then you should pick a sauce that will work with a few things, like KY said, and be prepared with a couple things. Although you don't know the protein, you can pretty much have the dishes done in advance. Example being something like scampi sauce... works with chicken, shrimp, and various...
from what I understand, unless your actually making the menu, then it will be the same as cooking for the military. Of course, if you are doing the menu and diet planning then you will have to deal with a lot more. I would imagine that with physical therapy you may be looking at protein heavy diets? But as far as sanitation and kitchen size and structure go, it should be like a mess hall. Did you get to work out of the MKT's at all in the military? They seem pretty cool,...
very true. That is what I was wondering chef. Of course, no one would intentionally set it up that way i guess. 
The other day I saw a book that has a ton of herbs and spices, their flavors and origin and what they are used for. Anyone have any ideas what that may be called?
right, i wasn't looking for sympathy. I knew it was my fault, I was just pissed and ranting, hence the second post I noted is as a pissy whine session. And I know the layout won't change, but i would like to see if it's a common thing to work in the back alley or if it seems odd to the chef's. And I appreciate the respect, however I am not quite on level to call myself or be called a chef... I think if i did and made mistakes like that, I'd have Ramsey screamin down my...
ok, so i'm pretty over the situation now. I would still like to know, do you feel as tough every piece of kitchen equipment should be visible to the main area where all the cooks are? And yes, this particular kitchen lacks many things from the management, to include leadership, the ability to see the lack thereof and the acknowledgment that someone new may have that ability. I've tried to adjust the communication issues.... didnt work. Oh well.  And I am pretty lucky I...
Ok, so i appreciate the lesson. I was actually taught to add the oil to the cold pan, but i was also taught never to leave it and that is how this super efficient *cough cough*  corporate kitchen told us to do it. I realize it's my job to deal with it, however I failed to mention in my pissy whining that the reason I couldn't attend to the pan was because the ass I mentioned decided to step off the line so I was doing his job as well. And there is no suppression system...
So the kitchen I work in part time,(a corporate kitchen) drives me nuts. Tonight, we got a pittsburgh rare steak order and the 2 top stove is in the alley behind the line where I can't see it. I threw the pan on with oil and went back on line while it heated up. My char cook (asshole) decided to come back and tell e it had a little fire, and he didnt do anything about it. Needless to say, a burned rag, burned hand and charred sheet pan later, the 6 foot flames were out...
to make it easy, you want to make sure everyone knows where you are, and what you have. if its hot, or sharp. or if you work in close quarters, let them know when your opening drawers or ovens.  We say under when we open the drawers under the grill so no one smashes their knees.