or Connect

Posts by tylerm713

I enjoy sazerac, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like your drinks rather strong.     It's called "American Sector", and it's a John Besh restaurant. I haven't been yet, but have heard it's worth checking out if you're at the museum.  
So what exactly is the difference between artificial vinegar and distilled vinegar? Or are they just two terms for the same thing? I'm still a little confused.
Wow, can't believe all the angst toward cilantro. It could be one of my favorite and most used herbs. Caribbean cuisine wouldn't be the same without it, and I can't imagine making fresh salsa and not adding a good handful of chopped cilantro.
That's exactly how I cook, even when using a recipe. However, the trick comes in when the old recipes are for bread, or cakes, or some other baked good. Then all bets are off.
Pete, on that note, I have a lot of hand-written recipes from my great-grandmother that will say something like "cook until done" or "roast until it looks right". My great grandmother also had interesting measuring devices, such as "a thimble of salt" or "a cereal bowl of rice". It kind of makes it hard to recreate some of the recipes.
Geez, I've been listening to everything lately. CCR, Kid Cudi, Elton John, and Pete Fountain to name a few.
  I agree that the bulb of green onions, scallions, shallots, etc. wouldn't be considered an herb, but when I refer to green onions, I am only referring to green onion tops. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tops would be considered an herb just like chives, right?  
This might be my favorite recipe that I've read in a long time. Very clever. 
Pretty interesting stuff. I'm always curious to see how common recipes change over time as our tastes change.
Brazil: lemongrass and cilantro are the two that come to mind   I hope you don't mind me breaking the rules a bit, but in Louisiana I would say it would be green onions and thyme.