or Connect

Posts by SgtGoodie

Sorry the table didn't copy well onto the forum. It's understandable though. Even though I typed in that you would have to convert it to a 100 portion quantity, I entered that into the table. You'll notice that the recipe has fat at 66% and water at 33% which is a 3-2-1 formula based on 100% flour. I noticed that I miss-understood a bit. Originally Keelenorth wanted to make 100 crusts not 100 portions which depending on how you divide the pie, could vary a bit. This...
Amen to making pie dough by hand! I used to make the dough by hand in what we called a Half Moon which was just a big stainless bowl about 3' in diameter. I made 100 portions at a time rolling the dough into logs in wax paper to rest in the refrigerator before being cut into smaller discs to be rolled out. With the first 100 portion batch I would roll out the bottoms of 25 pies (200 portions of pie cut by 8s) and the second batch of course would be for the tops. We would...
I agree about the Cake Central site (cakecentral.com) there are many videos and picture areticles to learn from and the forum is good. They also have recipes, theres a store to buy cake decor items, but most of all is the amount of networking you can do there as far as cake decor goes. I havn't seen the magazine yet. I have seen the weding cake mag from the UK in the loacl Barnes and Noble book store. It's a bit pricy at $15 for a magazine but it's full of great pictures...
Just where are you considering to put this Pastry Shop? I'm just curious. If you're an entrepreneur with no knowledge of the industry, you better be talking to a Pastry Chef in your area to either be partners with or hire to prepare a menu and bakery set up. That's why I ask where you're from or wanting to do this. There are so many concerns ahead.
Just what does that immage represent? Is thetre any other place other than a picture that was taken at an angle like that to get the immage? It looks to me like it could have been out together off to the side and placed on the cake later. Could be fondant and royal icing. Could be color flow. Who knows? It doesn't look all that hard to replicate. Especially if you can get a better example of the emblem to use. If I was making it I would make it and let it dry before...
I found this simple yellow cake recipe but have not tried it yet. Maybe I should try making it and get back to the rest of you on the results before you try using it. However, if someone would like to give this Yellow Cake Recipe a try:                                     Yellow Cake                     Ingredients                             Full Batch               Half Batch Flour, wheat, sifted, general purpose.                 4 lbs                       ...
I don't know why some of the "fours" turned out like that but you can still read the recipe. So lets see now if it does it again...4.  Nevermind I fixed it. If I could delete this reply I would.  But I don't know how.
I found this simple yellow cake recipe but have not tried it yet. Maybe I should try making it and get back to the rest of you on the results before you try using it. However, if someone would like to give this Yellow Cake Recipe a try:                                     Yellow Cake                     Ingredients                             Full Batch               Half Batch Flour, wheat, sifted, general purpose.               4lbs                        2...
I have 2 of Wayne Gisslen's books: Professional Cooking and Professional Baking. I also have the CIA's The Professional Chef. I like them all. I still want to see the CIA's book on baking and pastry. I think from a cooking point of view (rather than the usual baking) if I could just get one book it would be The Professional Chef.
In Wisconsin I made both of my daughters wedding cakes and never heard a peep out of the hall manager. They cut them and served them too. Sounds like somebodys trying to pull a fast one.