or Connect

Posts by Turquoise

For me, 2 things come to mind:   1) Limburger cheese.  Recall way back in 1972 in my teens, babysitting for a Dentist and his wife. Dr. S. would come home for lunch (while I was watching his kids), since his office was about 10 minutes away, only to open some (smelly!) Limburger cheese and put on some Old London melba rounds and then bake/broil in his oven... I had to actually get *out* of the house the smell was soo bad!   and   2) When my parents cooked...
Hi,   Searching for a Manhattan-style clam chowder recipe (tomtoes included) which also has a butter/flour roux. Kernel corn also part of the recipe. Any ideas would be appreciated!!   Thanks, Turquoise
Hello,   I am a somewhat proficient home cook.  My dear father (and quite a good cook himself) passed away five years ago. Sad to say, I wish I was able to locate a recipe he used for Manhattan-style Clam Chowder, which got *tons* of rave reviews from all of us who betook of his culinary pride each and every year we hosted our street's "block clambake party."  Actually, I recall him showing me the recipe from Hawaii's "Waikiki Beach Press" (circa 1974?) which was...