or Connect

Posts by the-boy-nurse

As previous posters have noted decent list, few I could go without. Couple skills I would add. First- understanding of spices; what good are perfectly cooked veggies/meat if you can't season them. Second- acceptable substitutions/ommisions. I know I will often start a recipe and find I don't have one ingredient. Now some things just can't be substituted but often one can find something. On a side note why are so many Americans afraid of flavor. Any Mexican recipe that...
Could be bacillus spores- Spores are bacteria's way of surviving harsh environmental conditions. They stay dormant when they couldn't survive, then spawn when environmental conditions are right, presence of oxygen, lower isotonic solution etc. Not familiar with the canning process of aged rice, rancidity if I'm not mistaken is the result of oxidation of oils. Is the can aluminum or tin? Aluminum is far less reactive than tin. Put a magnet on it, if it sticks it's not...
You got them as an attachment in an e-mail or in the body itself? Can you link to the web address of the pics? Have you tried just copy and paste the pic directly in the reply box? Or save the pics to your hard drive and then upload them. Now I really want to see these pics.
Exact procedure depends on where the pics are. On your hardrive? on another thread? Flickr or facebook page? In any scenario start by clicking the insert image button on the editor toolbar. Then either browse for the particular photo (if it's on your hard drive) or enter the URL (if on the net somewhere). Easiest way to enter the URL is to go to the picture you want in a different tab or window right click the pic and select "copy location" then paste it into the URL box....
Perception isn't static. But reality is, therefore not dictated by perception, public opinion, political landscape, social pressures...
If memory serves, once upon a time popular opinion held the earth was the center of the galaxy, the world was flat, bleeding was the best method of treated diseases, epilepsy was demon possession, microscopic organisms living on everything was preposterous... need I go on?   Reality exists independently of your opinion of it. Perception is your understanding of reality and like all human perception, fundamentally flawed.
  No, they are not pizza's because it's not a pie. Pie crust is often cooked prior to filling, again, see chocolate cream (my personal favorite). Rustic tart doesn't qualify because it's crust not yeast leavened.  As to Chicago deep dish, I don't like it, doesn't make it not pizza. Frozen pizza is considered "not pizza" by many people, it's still pizza just a bad version. Since when has popular opinion dictated reality?
Again by my definition Stromboli, pizza flavored maybe, but not pizza, it's not open. Maybe it's a bread rolotini, call it what you want immaterial to the argument at hand, "what is a pizza?".   Papusa- stuffed pastry, stuffed flat-bread, pan-less pie, giant Mexican pasta... call it what you want same rule applies, not pizza,
Lots of pies are open, pumpkin, chocolate cream, lemon meringue... I would argue a rustic tart is also a pie. All flies are insects not all insects are flies. Rustic tarts are not leavened with yeast but rather have a pastry style crust. Therefore a rustic tart is pie but not a pizza, by my definition. Did you like how I defined the rules for that argument?  Never said I fight fair.
The term pizza is so difficult to define because it is often used to describe dishes that are not pizza at all but rather built like a pizza (apple pizza)  or contain traditional pizza flavorings (pizza Combos, Pizza rolls).   Pizza- An open pie with a yeast bread crust usually with savory toppings/filling. Traditionally believed to be of Italian origin, toppings often include (but not limited to) tomatoes or tomato based sauce, cheese and...