or Connect

Posts by cremeDELAcreme

It all depends on how far you are willing to go.... if you are that passionate then follow your dreams i live in the UK and if you work in the UK or EUROPE as a pastry chef then you are the most highest paid because pastry is a skilled job...not that cooking isnt but cooking is an art pastry is a science....   Good luck and all the best for the future.
personaly i would use for a pie crust a half fat to flour method,   8lbs of selfrasing flour 4lbs of fat (2lbs butter/marg 2lbs lard) 2lbs water or to bind   as for the salt this depends on the salt content contained within the lard if it is salted dont bother adding any same for the butter  also.   if not 2oz should do..   but having said this i wouldnt use this recipe for quiche or fruit pie just for the meat pies..
We call these spray guns an air brush hence the term air brushing, you only need to use fat soluable coco butter you can buy it ready coloured or use powdered colours but make sure the butter is warm first and heat your air brush uo eather with a hairdryer or hold it over a heat source but be carefull.. if you dont heat them both up you will find that the butter when it cools will clog up your air brush.
Hi there a simple pound cake should do the trick but as mentioned before freeze the cake then when you are ready to carve it take it out an hour or two before depending on the size, try carving it when it has almost defrosted but not compleatly..   another trick is to put the cake in the refridgerator and chill it right down, you will get some crumbs it cant be helped but this is why you add a crumb coat before the final covering,,   and all those TV chefs/bakers...