or Connect

Posts by Slayertplsko

Today a simple classic again. France meets Bohemia. So I'll provide a bilingual name.     Lapin à la moutarde, boulette à la mode karlsbadienne Králik na hořčici, karlovarský knedlík     First, a simple dish of rabbit with mustard. Divide the rabbit into about eight pieces. Smear the rabbit pieces with Dijon-style mustard and season them with salt and pepper. Melt some butter in a pot that is large enough to contain all the rabbit pieces, add the rabbit pieces and...
  If you posted the menu in its original language, too (which I presume to be Polish), it might help.
Among my favourites off the top of my head (some already mentioned by others):   Olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, tomato sauce with lentils and parmesan.   Olive oil, garlic, anchovies, spinach, lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper and parmesan.   Olive oil, garlic, peeled sweet red and yellow peppers (slowly fried for 15 minutes), basil, parmesan.   Olive oil, onion, cherry tomatoes, fava beans, greens (like chard or rapini), pecorino.   Olive oil, garlic,...
Thanks, Chris. Yours is really lovely, too, here. What exactly is blond beer? I know you have blond beer (bière blonde) and white beer (bière blanche), apart from dark beers that is, but what is the difference in terms of flavour and the way it contributes to a dish if added during the cooking? I will certainly try it if I can still lay my hands on some morels.
Duck breasts with redcurrant sauce, potato and celery root puree, rocket and apple salad   Duck breasts were cooked to about medium, the sauce is a really simple reduction (shallots, garlic and rosemary sautéed in duck dripping, red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, red wine, butter), the puree should be well seasoned with cream liberally mixed in, the salad is sprinkled with walnut oil, lemon juice and walnut pieces. Simple but always a hit.  
This is my Catalan reference book, lots of interesting ideas and truly well written by one of the better food writers of the century:   http://books.google.sk/books?id=-K_ekX6BVXsC&printsec=frontcover&dq=colman+andrews+catalan+cuisine&hl=sk&sa=X&ei=1FpNU7-KEuaN7QbLsYDgAg&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false   You should be able to find it for a few bucks in used book stores.
Ramsons are amazing, who doesn't love them? Here's what I like to do with them: sauté some quartered or halved cherry tomatoes in olive oil, adding salt, pepper and a bit of dried oregano, boiling a bunch of spaghetti, cutting the ramsons into coarse chiffonade, mixing the three and finishing it with a sprinkling of pecorino romano. No need to blanch the ramsons, the heat of spaghetti will wilt them just enough.
So finally I'm going to do it, now that it is over for our Hawaii members, too. But before I do it, I want to say one big, huge, gargantuan THANK YOU to all who participated. There are no losers here, we should make that clear. I was hoping I would get inspired to cook some new mushroom dishes (that's why I chose the topic), and I certainly was inspired again and again, so thank you all.   However, it is my duty to pick just one person and that...
So we're nearing the end now. I'm happy to see more beautiful contributions.   @ordo: That looks really good I must say. I sometimes can't think of a dish that works well with champignons (with the exception of a cream of mushroom soup). Well, I'm sure this one does. I'll probably be making something of that sort in the near future, so thanks for inspiration.   @Gene: Once again, beautiful. I've never thought of serving cabbage sauté like this one with fish, so it's...
  A few soups come to mind:   Bean and pasta soup So cook the soaked beans with some smoked meat, meanwhile sauté chopped onions, celery and carrot in lard and when they're beginning to caramelize, add chopped tomatoes and sauté them, too. Now remove the meat and most of the beans, leaving some to puree and thus thicken the soup. When the left-in beans are pureed, return the meat, the rest of the beans with all the vegetables from the pan to the pot and cook together...