or Connect

Posts by CactusHeart

...Still, I don't doubt the flavor...it DOES look delicious...but the appearance is a mess. So raggedy. The crumb is TOO LOOSE.
OldSchool, that seems to contradict what's going on... if she sees new meat getting trained for the position she HAS experience for, is it really because the supes' think that they're more TALENTED than someone who has 5 years biz experience, 2 years front of the house experience and 3 semesters of culinary school training? Or is there favoritism involved? She's really not as good as she thinks she is? Perhaps, but I doubt it. Not with her background and her passion....
...and you can make whipped ganache. If your cream ratio is higher than usual (like I once did on accident *lol*), people will think it's mousse and no one will know the difference *lol*
If it's chocolate mousse you're looking to make gelatin-free, the recipe I use for work contains no gelatin. I could help you with that if you like.   Pectin and agar are the best substitutes I can think of for gelatin.   But...If you have an extra cold, empty corner of your fridge and alot of time to kill, you could do something crazy...It's a method I use for making cheese out of yogurt. I know it works for stabilizing whipped cream, who knows what else it...
Whenever a customer requests something gluten-free, I go for the chocolate flourless cake, a creme brulee or some bavarois with fruit. I've been experimenting with a flourless crust for cheesecakes as a change of pace (I guess it coincides with fitting into being gluten free), but it's a "pet project", I really haven't had time to work on it *lol*. Something besides coconut macaroons, that's too easy *lol*.   My mother got on a gluten-free kick. She's outranks me in...
I hate to say it, but I'm in a higher position (I'm a pastry chef, not really a baker) and I spent not even a fraction of the time you did...It goes to show you what I already know and always tell other people...it's NOT WHAT you know it's WHO you know!!! Back in my desperate-for-a-job days, I would play by the rules of the game, do everything right...say everything right. Only to get passed over in favor of a complete dumbsh*t whom you know couldn't match up to you in...
"The book of heavy metal" by Dream Evil... but NEVER the 1st song! I HATE it and always skip it whenever it comes up *lol*.
Oh no, no, no!!! I don't doubt the flavor is great, I'm sure it is...but half the task is presentation. Your crumb looks so loose! It's all over the place! Look at the terrible mess you made just by taking a slice!!! Nothing wrong with a moist, tender cake (which this sure looks like), but the risk you run with that is:the crumb on a cake must only be tight enough to hold itself together, but not so tight that it's tough and bready. It's probably a great recipe for home...