or Connect

Posts by gobblygook

Quote: I remember when you couldn't give chicken wings away.  The Anchor Bar seems to have changed that.  It's good to see these "lesser" cuts of meat being used, but the price they're bringing is absurd.    I was watching "Dirty Jobs" and there was an episode where he worked at a striped bass "farm".  The fish created a lot of excrement, so one of the solutions to that problem was to bring in tilapia to remove a lot of that.  After that, I have never had a desire to...
I worked in a chain of small-town fast food restaurants that served a hot fried chicken.  There was no sauce.  Our restaurant actually halfed the amount of rub we used because otherwise, the chicken was "too hot" for the customers.  This was in no way meant to be "buffalo wings", just your basic "fried chicken".  We used a dry seasoning mix, quite a reddish color, both cayenne and paprika (and other spices as well).  The chicken came in pre-cut and we would clean the...
Let's approach this from another angle for just a moment.  The first "review" was in 2007.  Now, let's imagine that this is a new feature or something has been modified in the webpage where Paula can log on, enter a recipe, and have it auto-posted.  Naturally, this goes through testing in a lab environment, but even when it gets moved into production, it has to be tested.  Let's suppose that this was a "test" and let's face it, it's beyond simple, but has the basics of a...
No matter where I go, I know I can walk into any of the above 3 chains and get exactly what I expect to get.  The prices are competitive in their respective market segments and while some competitors are better, some are MUCH worse.  These chains appeal to the majority.  I dare say that in any market in America, given a RANDOM sampling of inhabitants, you could build a crappy Italian joint, an Olive Garden, and a fantastic Italian gourmet restaurant side by side and OG...
Here's where I disagree with you wholeheartedly.  My mother (and school) served canned English peas and canned asparagus.  It wasn't until I was near 30 years old that I would touch either item again.  Their fresh (or even flash-frozen in the case of peas) versions are NOTHING like their canned versions.  Butter can fix lots of things, but not waterlogged English peas.  If it were a recipe for whole kernel corn, everything else the same (can and butter), it would be...
I read it, I'm American, born here and everything.  I think that what she said is "spot on".  Americans ARE fat.  Our poor eat incredibly well compared to the poor in other countries.  We have one of the highest standards of living in the world.  I don't see where she resents us, she just "calls it like she sees it".  It's not about how much she thinks we should earn, weigh, or do with our extra money, she's simply stating facts that we do earn nice livings, we are (as a...
How much chocolate (semi-sweet or unsweet), how much butter, how much vanilla, and how much flour?  
My suggestion is that you not use a bit on him until you get some dental work done.  He needs braces badly and appears to have a pretty bad overbite as well.  Of course, once you get the teeth straightened, a bit will only get them out of whack again.  I fear it's a no-win situation.  
Crocs sit too low to the ground.  You'd be dragging your legs everywhere.  Guard hippos poop a lot.  You may call them giant chicken legs, but the colonel sees them as big ole drumsticks.  He'd be chasing you tossing 11 herbs and spices at you.   
Yes, but I couldn't remember the exact results (insignificant amount, but not the measurements).