or Connect

Posts by Someday

Maltodextrin only works with very high fat liquids (at least in the way you are thinking to make a powder) and also this thread is 7 years old. Don't think the OP is coming back. 
 I didn't say there is anything wrong with it. You just make it sound like this guy is re-inventing the wheel and this is a common, tried and true concept. I guess his twist on it is the large variety of ingredients, but this is hardly any type of "genius" or "mad" concept.  There is no issue with food combinations because people don't go to CSR's like that to experience a particular chef's vision on creativity food wise, they go to get a sandwich, burrito or bowl...
I'm not so sure that Under Pressure is a great guide for Sous Vide. I mean, it is OK, but I think many of the temps are off and I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the recipes in that book.    The easiest way to get started is to do tender proteins. I mean, like steaks, chicken breast, etc. This will allow you to see the difference in familiar things, and allow you to get your feet wet with minimal risk and time. You could start with, say, a chicken breast at 140oF for an...
Sounds like any number of fast casual concepts like Chipotle or Subway or whatever. I don't see what the big deal is? Other than having expanded choices...I'd bet a week's pay this is not a sit down place but a "order at the counter" place.    My experience is that if you do too many things, you'll do none of them great. You might do them OK but not great. Probably better to focus on doing a few things great, but whatever, if it is working for them so be it.    There...
 I understand that, which is why I think older threads that haven't had a new post in "X" number of years should be closed so that this doesn't happen. I'm not suggesting anyone does it on purpose. Just seems nonsensical to refresh threads that are 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 years old for posters who aren't here anymore.  I mean, if a thread hasn't been commented on for, say, 9 years, why not just close it? What is the benefit to leaving it open? Who is it helping? And bear in mind,...
One question: Are they cast iron or blue/carbon steel...or non-stick? If yes, then it can be OK to wipe them and re-use, though they should be seasoned and scrubbed frequently. Obviously if they have carbon in the pan too then you should scrub them out. Often times a nice wipe with a cloth will sort them out though.   If they are aluminum or stainless....then no. Just no. No, no, no, no, no no no no no no.  
Why don't you ask the bakery?
I agree--if you can do the work, you can do the work. Doesn't matter what gender you are or identify as, or what your sexual orientation is. This isn't the 1970-80s. Discrimination, in any form, or bullying, in any form, no longer has a place in a professional environment. I don't think you'll face as many issues as you might think. I certainly hope not.    One issue is not confusing "normal" hardships or negative interactions with co-workers as discrimination or...
 .......really..... Guys seriously, this site really needs some sort of "fridge" section where old threads can still be searched/viewed but not posted on.  I don't understand why yearsssss old threads are constantly being refreshed to the top page. This doesn't happen on any of the other sites and forums that I frequent. Can we agree on, say, that after a thread has 2 years with no replies then it is set to retire and come out of rotation?
Let me get this straight...you are asking if you are wasting the watery, dirty ink sac (not even the "good" inksac) that isn't even black? Say that it is usable in some fashion, what do you imagine yourself doing with this abundance of squid ink? I mean, are you just going to keep saving it until....what?    There are uses for squid ink, of course, but I think, even with throwing away the secondary ink sac, you'll have more than enough to do with whatever you want to do.