Posts by Someday

That's not even close to being accurate. 84% of the worlds population lives on less than $20 a day. MOST of the worlds population doesn't survive on really bad food, they actually just barely survive.  That you are sitting in a room, on a computer, with running water, a toilet, food in the fridge, a roof over your head, discussing Michelin stars on an online forum, shows that you have about 75% of the world population beat.  Besides, comparing "survival" food to Michelin...
I kind of speed watched the thing, just to see what the post was about...I didn't see anything glaringly wrong with what he was doing. Seems like he works and is used to working in a place where production speed and "getting it done" are a little more important that super duper knife skill accuracy, but again, I didn't see anything really "wrong" with what he did.    Specifics anyone? Why post a video like this with no explanation? 
If it was a pot that was all dinged up, warped, etc and wouldn't sit well or flat on the surface that might have something to do with it too. The bottom of the pot pretty much needs full contact with the metal in order to come to a rolling boil. 
I use this one https://www.rmurphyknives.com/store/damariscotta-shucker-details.html and I love it. Kind of pricey, but stylish and really, really good quality. 
It would help if you described what you ARE doing to them currently...   Persimmons aren't super strong in flavor anyways. You might be not ripening them enough, because an under ripe persimmon (as well as most fruits) will taste bad, or at least not as good as they should.   As a general rule as well, removing moisture from a food concentrates flavor, so anything you make cooking wise, make sure you are cooking it down enough to concentrate the flavor.   EDIT: I...
A vacuum sealer extends the shelf life of most things by a lot. We can keep most of our sous vide cook/chill portioned proteins in the fridge for 2 weeks with no loss of quality. They almost never sit around that long (we go through them too fast) but they can if we need them too.    Sous vide has the added benefit of pasteurization (in addition to the low oxygen environment) so the shelf life is considerable.    I knew a chef who covered all his proteins in oil in 6th...
I usually just turn my inner chef off and play nice. I usually go the "always nice when someone cooks for me" kind of route and make sure I have the salt handy (nobody ever seasons their f-n food, lol)    I'm usually pretty easy going too...a few overcooked chicken wings or rotel/velveeta dip isn't going to ruin my night. If I know in advance the food is likely to be bad, I always offer to bring something (so I know I'll have at least 1 thing good) or pre-eat so that I'm...
First off, kudos for trying to accommodate gluten free people at your new gig. FYI, semolina contains gluten, it is a wheat flour. So using semolina won't help. And no, gluten is not formed from mixing or making dough. It is a protein present in the wheat itself and ever present. We WORK the gluten in doughs to make them more developed and tougher (as in bread and pasta) but they are always there. They are most likely correct about the oven, it is contaminated. People...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=restaurants+for+sale+in+Miami%2C+FL
 You are 22, make 20 dollars an hour, and are upset about what exactly? You must make close to 60k a year. That is the upper end for exec. chef for a small, independent restaurant, especially one just getting off the ground. Some chefs make more, but those are generally chefs of multi-unit outlets, country clubs, hotels, corporate gigs, etc.  I don't understand what your issue is? You seem to get paid very well for what you do...there are a lot of people on this forum who...