or Connect

Posts by Someday

I would say yes then, it is probably OK. Most likely it won't be QUITE as good as a standalone, but if that is all you are going to use it for I would think it would suffice. 
If you are talking about flashing things, melting cheese, browning crust, toasting brioche, and things similar to that, it should be fine. If you need it to cook steaks and proteins and stuff, it's probably not the same. You don't mean a standalone broiler like at a steakhouse, do you? I think it mostly depends on what you do with it. For basic stuff though, yeah, it should be just fine.
Like a little humility? Agreed. Humbleness and a servants heart are great things for a chef to have, and a great chef has those things.
Usually sorbets with those types of things are just a matter of adding sugar syrup and whatever other flavoring you want to make it. The sugar will help the sorbet not to be too icy, as will a small amount of alcohol. Too much and then your sorbet stays too soft and won't freeze properly. Remember too that the freezing process will dull some of the flavor too, so while your sorbet base might be a touch too sweet or acidic, when it is churned the flavor lessens. 
Most likely it has more to do with them trying to cover their butts food safety wise than anything. I don't expect a loss of flavor or texture if you thaw/refreeze it a few times. They are most likely trying to ensure that it doesn't spend extra time in the temp danger zone.    You'll be fine.    Many, many places use those as a base for sorbets and ice creams with no issues. 
Just go with chef or pastry chef, what'e the big deal? You own a pastry business, are responsible for menu, costing, staffing, production, etc...lots of chefs didn't go to school who call themselves chefs.    Who cares...
It would help if you posted your recipe and method. Did you chill your base before you spun the sorbet? Rapid changes in temperature could have caused the chocolate to seize. If you put the base in the machine while it was warm that might have done it.
Let me put it to you this way. If there was a great need or market for this type of software, someone would have already come along and invented it. The reason that no one has one or has any software to point you in the direction of is because it doesn't exist (at least, I don't think it does, and if it does, it isn't used much).    If there was a need for this we would already have it. 
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pickle+meat
Dude, no. There is no substitute for feel and experience when cooking. You can't develop a chart of foolproof times and temps because every oven is different, every animal is different, etc.    And judging by your examples above you are grossly overcooking things. a 2 inch thick piece of fish won't need 20 minutes of steaming.