or Connect

Posts by Someday

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=restaurants+for+sale+in+Miami%2C+FL
 You are 22, make 20 dollars an hour, and are upset about what exactly? You must make close to 60k a year. That is the upper end for exec. chef for a small, independent restaurant, especially one just getting off the ground. Some chefs make more, but those are generally chefs of multi-unit outlets, country clubs, hotels, corporate gigs, etc.  I don't understand what your issue is? You seem to get paid very well for what you do...there are a lot of people on this forum who...
I can buy them pre cut lengthwise, so that is not an issue.    I guess I'll have to just wait an experiment...my thoughts were to boil and scrape them clean and then go from there. Thanks for the feeback guys. 
 Weak. You, sir, are part of the problem. 
The outpouring of support is overwhelming. Thank you all. 
 It starts with us. IT STARTS WITH US! I will go door to door if I have to...
 Ugh, you can't make "shepherd's pie" with beef. Shepherd's pie is made with mutton or lamb. You made cottage pie, which is the same thing but made with beef.I hate to be "that guy," but for some reason this is a pet peeve of mine.Anyways, looks good though! I'm sure it was delicious, no matter what you call it.  
I want to use canoe cut marrow bones as a plating device. Actually, I want to re-use marrow bones over and over (like scallop shells, etc) as a plating device. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?    I'm thinking scoop out marrow, then boil the bones until the sinew/fat can be scraped off. Hopefully they will be clean and relatively white.    Do you guys think there is an issue with running them through the machine (are they too porous and would soak up chemicals?)...
 I don't know if drying something that has already been cooked is a great idea. Only because you'd run the risk of drying out the meat as well. I've done plenty of sous vided, skin on chicken breasts that needed no more than a pat dry and a nice hot pan to get a crispy skin. So I know it can be done. But I also know that once you sous vide the skin it gets a weird rubbery texture that never truly replicates that of a roasted or pan roasted chicken.  In my experience,...
I'll weigh in,   I don't understand the blanching process. Not for food safety I assume, so why do it?   You are better off, in my opinion, cooking the dark meat and the light meat at different temperatures. I would do the dark meat probably in the 170f range because with the dark meat you kind of want that braised texture, especially in contrast to the breast meat. That's just me though. That is for whole legs.    The breasts I wouldn't do higher than 140f. I'm sure...