or Connect

Posts by Someday

Ah! Love sea beans. They make a lovely garnish for most seafood dishes. I usually just blanch them quickly to take a bit of saltiness away and pop the color. I use them just like that to finish plates. They have a pleasing, salty crunch that is nice. 
Dunno if thats a "new" fad either, lol.    That does annoy me though--a f***ing food blogger? Lol. Food bloggers are the WORST. 
 Yes, all three at once, then store.  There is no reason that you can't save chicken tenders for more than 1 day. If you sell only 5 one day, save the other 15 for the next day. They'll hold up. 
Yes, you should be letting it rest. When you go directly from breading to the fryer it has a tendency to slip off. You can do the complete 3 stage breading (not just flour) ahead of time.    Pre-bread your tenders and you should see a vast improvement. I don't understand why you can't pre make them? Doing them to order during service takes up valuable space (you have room for a 3 tray breading station?), time, and increases the risk of cross contamination.   Just make...
What are you currently doing to bread your tenders?
 Again, it is the USDA that inspects slaughter at processing plants. The FDA (at least as far as I know) has nothing to do with that aspect of food safety. I've yet to see any documentation that USDA inspection isn't happening at beef/pork slaughter houses. This notion of not bleeding the animal is completely false. Not bleeding the animal would lead to not only bad taste but fast spoiling and obvious signs of blood in the meat.  There, of course, will be some times when...
I'm firmly in the season early camp. I really don't think that salting early has much detrimental effect on the bean. Honestly--think of the #1 thing we use to flavor beans (salted pork products, i.e. bacon, ham, sausage, salt pork, pancetta, etc) and their liquid.    I like using a soffrito as well (Italian style, not spanish/latin). Just throw some rough cut carrot, onion and celery into a food-processor, and pulse until fine but not mushy. Then put in a pan, cover...
You shouldn't fake anything. Be honest with your potential employer and don't mis-represent yourself or your abilities. If the woman thinks you can do her job, then you might be able to. Let her know you are up to the challenge but will need coaching and training to reach your potential.    As long as you don't tell them you have competencies where you don't, you should be fine. They will probably be willing to invest in you as a manager and are willing to take you on to...
I like to put things in them to get cold really fast.