or Connect

Posts by carolee1945

Okay, here is something else. When I travelled in Europe, the butter in England and France was absolutely scrumptious.  I have bought the so called gourmet butters and they never taste the way they tasted in Europe. Why? Is it me? Has anyone else had this experience?
 I notice good restaurants use unsalted butter with their French bread and it is delicious. I prefer it. At home, I used salted butter and it tastes better than unsalted on my own bread. Is it psychological???   Should I start a new thread with this question: how long should you keep butter in the refrigerator?  What about freezing butter? Does taste degrade?  Let me know if this should be a new thread because I am totally new to doing these forum postings.  
Re: lemon rind, there were 2 Tablespoons for the icing, 3 Tablespoons for the cake, and 2 Tablespoons for the lemon curd.  It is the absolute best recipe with great lemon flavor because of the all the rind.   Does the microplane grate as fine as the fine side of the box grater? I guess it does if there are different blades you can use. Which brand would be a good one?  OH, I see you answered these questions.  Gee, thank you so much, I did not expect such a quick...
  I recently made a fabulous cake from Fine Cooking magazine, but it required a huge amount of grating lemon rind. Does anyone know of a device or a short cut to doing this laborious task?
I recently made a fabulous cake from Fine Cooking magazine, but it required a huge amount of grating lemon rind. Does anyone know of a device or a short cut to doing this laborious task?
I belong to a CSA and I get fresh basil, picked almost the same day. I use it immediately!!! Today I was shocked to find it turning black as it simmered with onion in preparation for fresh tomato soup. I knew that storing it in the refrigerator turns it black, but I did not think it would turn black as it cooked.  Is this normal?