or Connect

Posts by berndy

Schlanganker with Sauerkraut was by far my very favorite.
Don't feel bad! The dishes I am talking about here are forgotten by most Germans living today in Germany. This is  not my mothers cooking I am writing about. We were living with Opa and Oma  and my grandmother  was in charge in the kitchen ; most dishes are considered old-fashioned and nobody cooks them anymore today
And how can I forget smoked eel . My hometown is AALEN, named after the river AAL ,  eel in English.  We could pick up eels with our hands as they were crawling thru the wet grass from one part of the river  AAL to the next  early in the Morning. All you needed was a towel to get a firm grip on them . A butcher smoked them for us.
Thank you CHEFBUBA. You are doing what my grandmother did . She never peeled the carrots since they all were homegrown. Even in the middle of winter we had fresh carrots from a sandbox in the cellar. I was told that carrots do NOT have a skin just like radishes . Am I wrong ?  
I grew up in Southern Germany and there are lots of foods most of you never heard of like   Buckling  Romadur , Briegel , Zwiebelkuchen , Maultaschen , Pftzauf ,Dampfnudel  , Laubfrosch , Gaisburger Marsch ,Sperrknecht or Schlanganker , Blutwurst ,Siedfleisch , Kalbshaxe ,Saure Kutteln, Bubespitzle, Faedlesuppe..Wurstsalat,Ofenschlupfer,   I just wish Oma would cook for me again.
I did a 3 year apprenticeship: no culinary school. Does this mean I do not get a chance in this contest?
My daughter seen me peeling carrots an told my that I was waisting my time I Know carrots don't have a skin that needs to be removed . Every restaurant I ever worked in peel their carrots all the time . How do you feel about it ?
And collecting things you can't afford can also be some kind of  strange uncontrollable addiction.
It is his money he is waisting. If it makes him happy; leave it alone . We just can hope that he realizes it before he is broke.