or Connect

Posts by berndy

Legumes contain a particular sugar called "oligosaccharide" that the human body can not break down. .When you soak your beans a large amount of this sugar is released into the water and by throwing this water out your beans will have less of this sugar to cause gas.
You can use the water you have soaked the beans in when you cook them, or use fresh water. It is all up to you. I prefer to cook my soaked beans in fresh water since it gives me a less gassy bean than a bean that was cooked in the water it was soaked in .This  goes for all kinds of legumes.
When you write "frying" do you mean deep fat frying like French fries ? Or do you mean frying in a pan like frying an egg?
Most Chefs I know had many, many  honeymoons but without a real wedding.
Nice to have someone from Carmel in here. I remember Carmel very much: it was where I had first driver's test and then got my Driver's license here in the states At the time I was living in Jefferson Valley and was working in Mahopac, NY. I never thought of connecting Carmel with Caramel.
Happy Birthday Nicko  !  ------------------------ and many more.
Sure !
I am waiting for fresh Italian Plums, also known as fresh Prunes to show up at my local store to make a dozen jars of fresh Prune Jam as I do every year. Last year I missed it since fresh Prunes are usually only available for about  3 weeks and you never know ahead of time when they show up in the store. 
Could you PLEASE tell us what "Bavarian Spices" are ?
I mentioned this one before. When I had my German restaurant I  had customers order our  best seller "Sauerbraten" and after they finished everything on the platter they complained that the meat was spoiled to the point that had a sour taste and I should stop serving it