Posts by berndy

At the last [lace I worked we had to make a brown roux once a week using one case of butte(  30 # ). In a heavy duty rondeau melt butter and heat up. Then whisk in slowly flour . We never measured the amount of flour just add as much as you comfortable can stir in. Then over  medium heat cook your mixture until id starts to change color.  Now put it in an 350 oven and cook uncovered until it has the color you want in your roux stirring it every 10 minutes or so. While...
I'd like to add a bit of Soy sauce as a secret ingredient bring more flavor to the dish .If you are against the use of anything from a bottle remember fresh garlic can do great things in a stew.
In most restaurants Croquembouche or chocolate profiteroles are served only the day they are filled. Croquembouche or profiteroles are the same as eclairs, just round instead of long. We usually made only a small amount and most of the time they were all sold by the end of the day. Any leftovers were eaten by the wait staff and never made it back into the kitchen. In a pastry shop I would  have a few filled for display only  and fill  them to fresh as I sell them.. And...
Since we now finally have the perfect homemade yellow cake recipe I am looking for the perfect "pound cake " recipe if there is such a thing..
Beef  Rouladen  in Germany are made and served as one roulade per person. In fancier restaurants where they have the labor you might get 2  smaller ones served per person.
Yes, you make in two  or thee batches.
Better make 2 large ones. If more show up you can stretch it and cut them a bit smaller  and if there are less than 12 you make them lager An Individual wellington is just not the same as large one you slice just before serving 
WALMART   sells KEWPIE . $ 6.30 for 17.64 fl oz
That is very simple , if one is not enough you need two.
Thank you French Fries, I was hoping someone French to help us here. Merci