or Connect

Posts by berndy

How about adding some pearl onions into your sauce along with a few orange segments?
Very similar situation while I was chef at an Officer's Club on a US Military base in Germany. We did buy our fresh eggs from the commissary and I was asked by some of the Mess Sergeants on base to save the egg-shells for them.I did have huge bucket in my freezer and usually some PFC on Kp duty came by to get some to be used on Holiday's and Sundays in their breakfast,. They were used in scrambled eggs, french toast batter and pancake mix to fool the troops.
Go for it and enjoy life while you can.I have been on over a dozen cruises from short 3 days to a bit longer 22 days and I never had any proplems at all exept that I put on a few extra pounds on every cruise Life itself is a risk everyday, so make the best of it.!
I use a folded cotton towel under my 20x15 thick plastic cutting board and it  never moves nor slides.
I would go with nuts since it will give you a geater variety of baked goods to offer for your customers
Chicken vol-au-vent used to be made with a chicken veloute only.(Some chefs insisted to add an egg-yolk liaison)and some others wanted it topped with a hollandaise.
And don't forget that it matters a lot how you serve your spaghetti. 4 oz is barely enoughif you serve it with a watery marinara or if you serve it plain with only melted butter/or oil.. The same 4 oz can be satisfying if you serve it with a thick meaty bolognese where you added some Italian Sausage to make it more hearty with plenty of cheese on top.
A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you !!!
Most likely you are browning your onions too long and they turn too dark and if you add your garlic in the beginning it also will turn bitter
Euch allen ein frohes und gesegnetes Weihnachtsfest und guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr !