or Connect

Posts by lentil

Just catching up after being away from this forum for quite some time, but I'd like to add something here.  I don't believe that you can hire staff and direct them and still call them contract employees.  I tried to do that at first and was advised against it.  What if someone cut themselves or slipped and fell while working a job with you?  Would they be covered under thier own insurance policy or would they even be required to have a policy.  It is my understanding...
Why don't you simplify the menu and include more chilled items?  I am having a hard time imagining how you're going to cook/reheat everything on the day of the party.  Maybe you mentioned it and I didnt' notice the date of the party, but if it's spring, summer, or early autumn, why not serve fewer hot items that you have to fuss with?  You can get really creative with the menu and reduce your stress level at the same time.  I feel stressed for you just thinking about the...
We're off-site caterers and often use a grill to do things like tips, chicken, and seafood.  We vary the sides, but tend to stick with a few staples.  One favorite is a potato salad with a vinaigrette rather than mayo, blanched haricort vert, grape tomatoes, and fresh herbs like dill and parsley, and sometimes black olives.   Black bean and corn salad with avocado, tomato, red onion, and cilantro is always a hit; watermelon, feta, and black olive salad; grilled...
I'll try it.  Thanks.
Sounds like it would be the answer, but the water would run right out from under the extender.    I was wondering if just doubling the amount from the 12x18 would work or if there's some mysterious cake rule that I don't know about.  I mean another cake rule I don't know.....  
Thanks, but that's not quite what I meant.    We use at least 16 cups in a 12x18 cake pan for a 2 inch high cake, so logically, I would think doubling that for a full sheet pan with side extenders would be the answer, but wanted to be sure.
Hi everyone.  Just a quick question:  how many cups on average would you use to make a full sized sheet pan cake?  I have the side extender.  We'd like it to be about 2 inches thick.    Thanks for your help.    
Buffalo Chicken Chowder Armenian Lentil Cannonball Soup- start with sauteed bacon, add onion, garlic, carrots, celery.  Add prepared meatballs, beef stock, then broccoli, cauliflower.  Amazingly good and  hearty Clam chowder Italian Sausage and Risotto  
Butternut squash or sweet potato bisque, beef barley,  caldo de pollo, chili....
I just catered a wedding and a friend of the bride made the cake.  What a mess!  The icing- some sort of whipped cream glop-  was sliding off even though the cake arrived an hour late and only sat out for less than 30 minutes.  It was a 3 tier with so many stablizing posts there wasn't much cake left to cut once they were out, and it completely fell apart while we were cutting.  Most pieces had to be patched together on the plates.   I think the biggest problem is...