or Connect

Posts by (Private User)

When I responded to a forum post, I noticed I made a mistake in my post after posting it. So I hit the Edit button, corrected the mistake, and submitted it. Then the edited post appeared as a new post, and my first post was still there, no change made to it. But I know this is not how editing your own post should work... maybe that happens in a certain condition?       Editing now... does this appear in the original post?   ---   2nd edit. Okay so...
This happened multiple times to me too. I'm using Firefox 3.6.10 on Mac. This happened twice after I accidentally detached a tab window that I was in the middle of writing out from the main browser window. The cursor disappeared and I couldn't do anything. It came back after I refresh the page. (I had to copy whatever I was writing before I refresh the browser not to lose the content)   But as cheflayne suggested, the cursor is back after I switch to source mode by...
Any produce in Japan is relatively expensive compare to U.S. (e.g. One small apple cost $1) They're also smaller so if you calculate by pound it becomes even more expensive. But still, regular people like me never had chance to try Yubari Melon or Mattake... those are either for a gift or special people. I've never heard of Densuke watermelon so it must be a new kind or something.
Forgot to mention.. I use Japanese brown rice which is shorter grain so that's why it might take longer to cook than basmati rice. I use a rice cooker to cook 4 cups of white rice which usually takes about 50 min also. Japanese rice is sticky and rounder so I'd imagine that's why cooking time and method are different than long grain rice? (I've never tried it but I've heard that long grain rice cooked with a Japanese rice cooker is uneatable)   Also amazingrace...
I eat brown rice everyday but I've never used a rice cooker to make it (although I have a very nice zojirushi). When I was living in Japan about 15 years ago it was one of common cooking tips that if you want to cook brown rice you gotta use a pressure cooker. Brown rice is much tougher than white rice so I'm guessing it requires extra cooking time and/or water. My rice cooker can cook brown rice but never tried it because I was told 15 years ago that rice wouldn't be as...
Hi, I'm looking for a recipe for the southern style spicy crab. I had this very unforgettably delicious crab at my friend's house warming party and even it was almost 10 years ago I still remember. (I'm Japanese so I love seafood!) The guy who also came to the party brought a bunch of whole dungeness crabs and a huge steamer and I remember he was in the kitchen steaming them for a long time. The crab was tasty and spicy, and I think he said it's southern or cajun...