or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

Thanks RR, it's nice to hear from a perfectionist how precise they work in their kitchen. Consistency is so important to keep clients happy.Interesting twist using cold béchamel and I can imagine you need to add a lot more flavor to it than normal.
Thanks for sharing that recipe too, Jim!
I'm sorry but I really feel like you just copied this recipe from older cookbooks? May I ask what is your own usual method of making béchamel?And I never ever heard of using béchamel as a cold sauce!
Tagliatelle verde, smoked salmon, salmon roe   Sauce; red onion/ garlic/ red chili/ red bell pepper/ fennelseeds/ anis seeds/ parsely stems finely cut/ chicken stock/ cream/ harissa/ tomato purée. Dish finished with parsley leaves, smoked salmon, salmon roe. On tagliatelle verde.  
@Jumper I've been sniffing around on the internet since this subject interest me highly. This is what I found;   There seems to be two possibilities;   1. A Bengali fish curry powder which is a spice mix à la garam massala. A webshop in Holland sells the stuff and... mentions the ingredients, so, time for you to experiment!!! To make it more easy for you, they have a dutch and an English version of their...
Below is the link to my favorite brasserie. I'm posting this because many restaurants in my bilingual (dutch/french) country have their menus written in dutch, French and in touristic areas also in English.   A perfect example of how not to put the emphasis unnecessarily on "French" cooking and not getting people frustrated about all that French nonsense that they don't understand. In short, the best tip ever; please, do write menus in your clients language,... basta!...
Balletjes in tomatensaus   If you like meatballs, you really need to try this dish. If you have kids, they will absolytely love it! Served with homemade mashed potatoes. So different from other meatball styles. Fantastic taste, soft and juicy meatballs; - Preparing the meat; this is 50/50 pork and beef. We don't add egg nor breadcrumbs. The only things I added were chopped parsley and a little piment d'Espelette, s&p.  - Roll bitesize balls. - Poach the meat in...
 Attendez un peu mon ami, Poirot is a Belgian detective, ask Agatha Christie , Hercule Poirot. You probably meant poireau? I make a killer quiche using poireau and eggs but I'm not a genius at all .I would also love to see a few of your dishes too. Stick around, we could learn from each other.
@Hayden Thanks! I found a picture on the web of the Thermomix of the sixties  Just like the one we used to grind coffee. It can contain only a hand of two of coffeebeans;  
@Pete Thanks! @ChefEd When the spices are toasted, they become somewhat crunchy and easy to process in a mortar, and the amount I used isn't all that much. But, I still am looking for a small coffee grinder like we had at home many years ago. It was fit for making just one small batch of ground coffee and had quite a high speed grinding system with a blade. I remember when we were out of icing sugar, we cleaned the coffee grinder first and put some granulated sugar in...