or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

I kind of believe you! Too bad I wasn't there to help...
Lapin à la moutarde, one of my favorite dishes! I need to try out your dumplings one of these days, a nice alternative for gnocchi, if I may say so. We don't have a tradition of making dumplings. Thanks for posting Slayer! One question though; could you use a simple white bread for making these (instead of the Kaiser rolls)?  What's better than an excellent risotto, in the company of a prestigious Meursault? Very classy top range bourgogne, Petals. yum-yum!
Yesterday, Easter Saturday, I made this dish. Basically good looking roast beef and potatoes         I posted my recipe here;     @Mike9 Very nice grand kids!
Roast beef, potato medley, mange touts, confit of garlic cloves, Hollandaise with bear garlic   This was Easter Saturday's dinner. This time I didn't choose lamb but let me inspire with what I found while shopping. First idea was to do something with those purple Vitelotte potatoes combined with the sweet potatoes that were side by side in the shop. And, I found some really good roast beef. This colorful dish proves that cooking and presenting a nice plate of food...
There seem to be a lot of versions of it, like many other Dylan songs. I'm  not a Dylan fan as a performer, but so many artists made his work sound so much better.Remember this legend performing another Dylan song? 
I played these songs over and over again and I still love them 40+ years later.   Julie Driscoll & Brian Auger - Wheels on fire   Rolling Stones - Paint it black Brian Jones was still alive and played the sitar. Jagger at his very best!
Broccoli, haricots verts, tomatoes and ham salad     More kind of left-over thing. The salad has a "vinaigrette salée" on it, my favorite dressing and so easy to make. Use some mayo, preferably home made. Add 25-30% cold water and do use a whisk to get it into a perfect dressing and no, the mayo won't split. I also add a little extra seasoning and a little tarragon vinegar. Done. Add anything you like such as a garlic purée or fresh herbs. Delicious dressing even if I...
The Guess Who, Rare Earth and one of my all time favorite songs ever by Canned Heat, On the road again... thanks so much Michael, all those good memories for a nearly 65 year old guy like me.  Wasn't  it was plenty of exciting naughty times back then? Yes it was!
Incredible to read that so many people have to travel so far for a decent restaurant!   I live in West-Flanders, a very small province in Belgium that now counts a total of ... 26 Michelin stars from which 2 restaurants own 3 stars. That's only the highest culinary top. Of course, there's also hundreds of excellent restaurants, all within half an hour drive. The reason why we have one of the most dense concentration of high quality restaurants, brasseries and bistros is...