or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

I didn't know that, but I was wondering how bees got honey from pine trees. What do they take home to the hive? @cihaneroletlik I will look for chestnut next time. The honey comes from my favorite etnic shop. I paid 6,5 € for that tiny bottle, but it's worth every drop.I spent many holidays in Turkye. Marmaris and the surrounding area was the best time I ever spent in Turkye. But also Bodrum which we visited long before there was an airport. We had to travel from Izmir to...
A mix but not really a mix... Our famous brewers put all their knowledge into this highly specialized "kriek" or cherry beer, which is a maceration of ripe cherries on artisan beer obtained from spontaneous fermentation.The cherries will swim in beer for 3/4 of a year, to be served the next summer season. Perfect sweet and sour balance and very refreshing red-ish summer beer. If you know the sweet/sour balance of Italian lambrusco wine, this beer is very close to that also...
Summer fruit, Turkish pine honey, vanilla ice cream   Most expensive item in here? The fragrant Turkish pine honey! But, such a perfect match with the fruit and the ice cream.  
Tabouleh and spicy meat balls   You can use bulghur or couscous to make tabouleh. I use couscous and as usual a lot of fresh herbs.  The meatballs were first poached in a vegetable stock, then fried. The same vegetable stock was then used for the couscous. I was planning to serve this with yoghurt, but I was out of stock.       Some of the ingredients. The herb you see is cilantro, which is koriander that you know better from their seeds also used in cooking....
@cihaneroletlik Hello there, it's a pity my knowledge of South-American cuisine is so poor,... almost non existing to be true. I see corn, pollo is chicken and papa probably potatoes.The chicken has such a lovely color. But I would love to hear some more on panquita, comino, choclo and huancaina if you can spare the time.Thanks! 
Squid ink risotto and mussels   The risotto is made with the left-over juices from steaming the mussels. I added around 1,5 times water, or, the risotto would have been much too salty. The squid ink was added somewhere halfway the cooking time of the risotto. No cheese in there either, simply butter and sour cream to finish.  
@Cerise my apologies for the nonsense in your thread.
 When french and english people pronounce some identical words, they will hardly understand each other. The main reason is... emphasis falls on different parts of the word. Also, accents on words help the pronounciation, in a number of cases to show where the emphasis is, like in the word panaché. I believe you mentioned your grandmother from North African origin more than once on this forum, so the question was not so odd.   I'm very sure you perfectly understood.In fact,...
I used fresh ricotta, you can see the little pot in the second small picture. I also added quite a lot of grainy mustard, counting on that to keep the burger together. The texture was very interesting and since the salmon was hand cut, you can still feel the small chunks. But overall, I'm going to add a little egg yolk next time to bind it a little more; I'm quite sure my burgers wouldn't have held if I had panfried them. Also, a mixture of ricotta plus -let's say- 15-20%...
Salmon and ricotta burger   Another improvisation. Cut salmon fillet in tiny cubes, add plenty grainy mustard, ricotta, chopped chervil and seasoning. Bake in the oven. I used those small DeBuyer pans to keep the burgers together while baking. Make a sauce with homemade mayo, cold water, chili sauce and chopped chervil. Served with a salad. The bun is Italian with bits of herbs and dried tomato in it.