or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

Tapas; patatas bravas, albondigas y berenjenas   You can make endless combinations, serve them in small bowls or on small plates and call them tapas. I had these tiny aubergines (berenjenas in spanish) that I put on the BBQ while smoking my pork (look a few posts earlier). I reheated them and put a sauce over them made from greek yoghurt, tahini, water, s&p... absolutely stunning! A new tapa is born. Patatas bravas are left-over boiled new potatoes in their skin, halved...
Also from Arcos, these must haves for baking to be found here; http://store-en.arcos.com/products/complements/kitchen-tools/?p=60   In 200 and 250 mm and less than 10 €;     And a straight one in 205 mm, a bit pricier at 22 €  
There is a much cheaper alternative, but I'm not sure if they sell in the US.In my own country the Spanish brand Arcos in quite known, certainly amongst culinary students, for the simple fact that these knives are great value for little money. I believe Arcos has been taken over a few years ago by Henckel. I had a few Arcos knives before I switched to Japanese knives.   If it helps, this 350 mm (14 inch) one costs around... 15 €;   The Arcos store in Europe;...
Somewhere in France; "...lasagne ce soir".  
Love the story, Clove.   Ordo, I saw many chickens and rabbits slaughtered when I was young. It was a very common thing to do, but still, I always found it horrible. I don't think I could do it myself.
Many times simply overlooked and maybe not quite in your budget range but perhaps one of the best on the market. Misono moly, exists in 12 and 14 inch.     Scroll down on this page; http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/MolybdenumSeries.html#MisonoMolybdenumSteel
Pork loin on the BBQ with new potatoes   Loin stuffed with a combination of nearly all fresh herbs in my garden, chopped garlic and piment d'Espelette, s&p. Seared on direct fire on the BBQ, then continued on indirect fire, lid on, and the smallest bit of apple wood chips added to the fire, for a hint of smoke. Potatoes; make a strong closed "papillotte" from alu sheets in which go the potatoes, garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme branches and a little coarse seasalt and...
I hope many of you have this plant in your garden. This year is the first time my plant didn't freeze to death in winter since we almost had no frost at all. Lemon verbena, also known in French as verveine, has a strong taste of lemon without the acidity nor the bitterness of lemons. It is not only known as a kitchen herb, but since ages also as a medicinal plant that calms your nerves, strengthens your nervous system, helps with lighter forms of insomnia, stress etc. It...
Make something that covers it all and positions you above the competition. It will also stimulate you, because you will absolutely have to perform like it says or you will have unsatisfied customers! So, how about this (logo and baseline are one unit!);    
Smoked eel is such a delicatesse on its own that maybe I wouldn't turn it into a pâté or "smoked fish dip" as the OP calls it. There are many possibilities. Some years ago I posted the following thread using smoked mackerel as a base;   ​