or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

Karima Ammar, Mario Biondi and Burt Bacharach - Come In Ogni Ora Listen to Karima in Italian... stunning voice! She's part Italian and North African.  
From;  http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/glossary/saffron   Prepare it To draw out the colour and to ensure that it's evenly distributed throughout the dish it's to be added to, steep saffron threads in a little warm water, stock, milk or white wine for about 30 minutes before using. Then add the liquid to the dish, usually towards the end of cooking. If you like, you can strain the threads out before you add the liquid, but it's a fiddly job, and the threads look good in any...
I'm using Cap Bon since forever. I prefer a tube, since I'm only using small quantities, like in a lot of sauces to give them a punch; try a bit in tomato sauce... deliious.   Also in rouille that is served with fish soups like bouillabaisse etc. Simple to make; blacken a red bell pepper over a flame and wrap, when cooled peel, blitz with good mayo and a squeeze of harissa from the tube. Recipe comes from someone from Marseille... best rouille ever!
@butzy Dikke proficiat!! @eastshores Thanks for hosting this interesting challenge. (and, ahhhemmm, butzy is a... she)
Coq au vin     Recipe with more pictures here; http://www.cheftalk.com/t/84985/my-coq-au-vin
My coq au vin   (Click on the pictures below to enlarge)   1. Start by marinating the chicken   The evening before; start by dividing the chicken in smaller parts in the sizes you like. Remove the skin as much as possible; no matter how you hard you sear the chicken, after the chicken is cooked in wine, the remaining skin will always turn gelatinous and disgusting, so, better remove that, you don't need people gagging at your table! Put the meat in a container of...
Very clever, butzy! I know tempeh and I always wondered what on earth to do with it.
Tarte Tatin.
Rice pudding with spices and speculoos   Another nice way to use your saffron is in rice pudding. Here I used it together with other spices like cinnamon and green cardamom. Usually you get 5-6 times the volume of milk to 1 volume of rice. Rinse the rice first, long rice, short grain or even broken rice is ok. Bring the milk to a boil, add spices and set aside to get a spices infused milk. Bring to a boil again and add the rinsed rice and a chunk of butter that will...
 Dagger, well, I just took this picture for you. Risotto can be made with a lot of rice types, but the one in the picture is most likely the best you can get. Of course, it's Italian grown in the more northern region where the risotto is born. This one is called carnaroli, not a long grain rice but a short grain rice, known for its capacity to absorb an enormous amount of liquid without breaking apart. There's also Italian Arborio short grain which is somewhat less quality...