or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

I'm not all that young anymore and I still remember the time where it was absolutely not done to ask a chef in his restaurant for a recipe. That would have been such bad manners. Many times there was no salt and pepper on the table as you were not allowed to interfere with what the chef served. Adding seasoning was simply an insult to the chef... Nowadays restaurants are full with amateur cooks making pictures of their food with there cell phones! I'm quite sure, in older...
I believe they are 2 different names for the same product, Ross. Almond powder (or flour) is always a bit coarse; it's the yellow-ish powder on top in the first picture. Nothing more than 100% ground blanched almonds.
I look at recipes as being guidelines. Many times I will do my own interpretations.   Last week I made a "rural" pealla as I called it, based on a recipe by Miguel Maestre, a spanish chef living in Australia. He called the dish "Mountain paella". That name he uses is most likey based upon the "mar y montanã" recipe concepts, which is spanish for "surf and turf" or, sea and mountain in spanish.   He uses rabbit, quail, chorizo and morcilla (blood sausage). I used...
Made a cherry pie & blueberry clafoutis yesterday. Recipe; http://www.cheftalk.com/t/81415/cherry-pie-blueberry-clafoutis  
Cherry pie & blueberry clafoutis   Pastry; making you own pastry by hand is such fun and it takes almost no time to make. This is pâte sablée parfumée made from 180 g flour, 110 g butter, 75 g fine sugar, 40 g almond powder, 1 egg and 1 pinch of salt. Add all ingredients to a bowl and cut and mix with a knife first. Then rub between your fingers to make it look like breadcrumbs. Add the egg and fold in with a fork. Make a ball, flatten it and wrap in plastic film. Rest...
Ossobuco with polenta fries     Cherry pie for dessert     Pie recipe; http://www.cheftalk.com/t/81415/cherry-pie-blueberry-clafoutis
  May the best team win!
Hello Lucas, been a while since we spoke! I just ordered these two books from Amazon France and it's all your fault! Maybe you're interested as well but they are in French. Hope your girlfriend speaks French? I didn't know either there was a Larousse on fish. I'm not sure if it's translated in english. I just read that a brandnew french edition is planned to appear in september.   The second book I ordered is much more an art book on cooking fish Japanese style. You can...
  This is how sardines are roasted outside the chiringuitos or beachbars in Andalucia. Picture taken last years in... November.
Smoked salmon on spaghetti   Sweat red onion, garlic, fresh green jalapenõ, red bell pepper, scallion. Add 2 tbsp of passata, chickenstock and cream, reduce. Add boiled spaghetti barely done, it will soak up most of the sauce. Add smoked salmon seconds before serving.     Tarte au riz for dessert   Rice pie or rijsttaart in Flemish, on the menu in Flanders at least since it appeared on Breughel's paintings . I added some elderberry jam from last year, nothing...