or Connect

Posts by ChrisBelgium

Aubergine salad with tahini   This is old news and has been posted around here somewhere in 2013. It's an adaptation of a recipe from the book "Spice Market" written by Jane Lawson. I have the dutch translation. I used halved aubergines which were first roasted in the oven for... 1 hour. The original recipe is with pan grilled aubergine slices.   On top goes a dressing with tahini; 65 gr tahini, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 125 ml warm...
Malaga by car? It's +2000 km from where I live... hang on, I suddenly remember I have something important to handle in augustus. Thanks anyway my friend!
It's more a decorative plant, Abe.
Back to my old love, Sade.    
Thanks Lagom, it's a deal, but you have to let me go to Malaga instead, it's one of my all-time favorite places in Spain, also known here and there as Little Barcelona!
How about this one;  Cube cold cooked beets, add red onion, add approx. a tbsp of sugar and a teaspoon or more white vine vinegar. Add ajowan seeds which have a distinct thyme flavor (no marching band though). s&p. Put in the fridge for an hour. Delicious on all continents!
I couldn't agree more. We don't do marching bands over here either...But I'm pretty sure that you as a chef give your very own signature potato salad dish your best shot too, don't you? Is there a particular recipe you would like to share with us?
Rural paella with rabbit and quail     Recipe; http://www.cheftalk.com/t/81356/rural-paella-with-rabbit-and-quail
Rural paella with rabbit and quail   Paella is cooked everywhere in Spain, also inland. This is an example of one of those paellas. It is my adaptation of a recipe by Miguel Maestres. Don't worry about not having a paella pan or "paellera", I don't have one either. Use a large good inox pan. The only thing you really have to watch is the temperature. Making a paella takes time, don't make this if you're in a hurry.   1. The day before   I used half a rabbit that has...
Apricot jam with almonds   I removed the stones of a good kilo of apricots, added the juices of 2 oranges and 1 lemon. Adding acidity from citrus lifts the taste of this kind of jams to a high level. Then cooked the fruit for just a few minutes and crushed it just a little. As usual I left this fruit mass like that overnight, without adding sugar.   Next morning I weighed the fruit mass which was 1250 grams and added 1 kg (1000 grams) of pectine sugar. As always,...