or Connect

Posts by ChefBazookas

On their way to you today, as promised.    I haven't made my official list yet but I'll certainly be growing eggplant, red onion, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, Anaheim peppers and the 'Seven Beans'.  I grew all these last year so I'd like to add one new thing to my list for this year, just haven't decided what it will be yet.   CB
We always soak fresh-picked morels in salt water for a few hours and sometimes overnight.  They get a water rinse just before they're rolled in flour and fried (or put up in the freezer).  Because they're so corrugated, I assume this is as much for cleanliness as anything else.
I thank each of you so much for your delicious suggestions.  I want to try them all!  I was going to exclude the pea soup from that sentiment but anything flavored with ham juice can't be all bad.    If I can ever make this dinner wish come to fruition, I'll let everyone know how it goes.  Thanks again!   CB
Since I'm not cooking for Christmas, I thought I'd try to wrangle the family into spending New Year's Day gorging and chatting like we used to when my grandmother was alive.   For the main dish, I'm thinking I'll prepare a roasted marmalade ham recipe I recently saw posted by Jamie Oliver.   Here's a link to the recipe:  http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/meat-recipes/roasted-marmalade-ham-usa-imperial-versi    I'd like your suggestions on what might be a good...
My father once told me never to leap without a lily pad.  It would have had to be a supremely toxic environment for me to leave without having something else in line first.   That said, look at the following site: http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/interviewleave.htm   There are a few options there that look good, namely the 2nd and 3rd statements.   Good luck!   CB  
I missed the show but my father and I were just chatting on this subject over the weekend.  We were marveling at how my grandmother could always have an entire meal for 13 - 18 on the table from seemingly nothing and in no time flat.  Even further back than my years go, my father remembers that they would have a whole hog on a counter in a building in back of the house that they would pour salt all over.  The hog would just lie there in the salt and my grandmother would...
Favorite:  Frying or otherwise cooking bananas.  Others at the top: Bacon.  Pumpkin seeds toasting.  Morels.  Olive oil.  Peppers being prepared or cooked.  Bread baking.  Citrus.
1) My Proctor Silex 1.5 cup Food Chopper  - because it's miniscule, perfect for combining two-person meal ingredients, hasn't keeled over after 3 years of regular use and cost around $14.  Before I acquired it I'd used a Hamilton Beach chopper of the same size that cost double and only lasted 7 months.  It's perfect for purifying any real vegetables I want to put in chilis and soups so that my super-finicky husband doesn't realize there's actual onions and garlic instead...
And is "pecan" a native Indian word?    'Pecan' does derive from an Algonquin word spelled in English as 'paccan' which is a word referring to a nut that needed to be cracked open with a stone.  The Algonquins were a large semi-nomadic North American tribe which occupied much of what is now Tennessee and North Carolina.  Born of this group were also tribes such as Blackfoot, Mahican, Delaware, Shawnee, Cree, Ojibwa, Wampanoag, Cheyenne, the Illinois Confederacy and...
Hi Darkwon,   Have you thought about popping by or calling those places where you've interviewed to ask politely why you didn't get the job?  I have done this numerous times over the years and have learned invaluable information about myself and how I'm perceived by others by doing that very thing.    If you haven't asked, think about calling or stopping by during their slow time and asking something like, "Thank you for the opportunity to interview.  Would you...