or Connect

Posts by Frizbee

Thanks to all who replied. I guess im looking for the difference in choices? Like have you used one that you wish you had "x feature" or do you use an awesome one now and what makes it awesome. The price quotes varied by $1000's so im wondering what makes the differences in price? Oh and I appreciate the heads up on the deals in Richmond. My facility administrators have already stated they would prefer to purchase new since there generally isn't a warranty with used...
Hello Again! I also have to purchase some Chaffing Dishes for my hospital. (Used for employee only banquets, executive meetings etc) I know I don't want round ones, although they are beautiful, they would require purchasing several sets of new pans, rather then just using our hotel pans.  So what thoughts do you all have on roll tops versus pull off tops. Any things you love or hate about a particular type? Thanks again for your help!!   Frizbee
Hello again all. So I have a wonderful new job and I actually have purchasing power. We need a Hot Box desperately, and I have 3 quote which vary wildly. I have only dealt with the equipment that I was already there while working. Now I get to make the decision on which hot box to get but I am mechanically challenged, and have no idea what to base the decision of one versus on. Any advice? Here are some details on the things I know I want: I prefer to have...
Thanks to all who responded. Yes I am actively looking for a new job even though I have only been with this company for 5 days. Actually if I disclosed the company name you all collectively would be shocked, some of you may even work for t hem or have in the past. It’s a global food service management company. I am *sure* the way this facility has been running is in *direct* violation of company food standards. I am a loyal employee so I won’t openly disclose who I...
Hello fellow Chefs and Food Service professionals. I apologize in advance for the length, but I have some questions that I cannot find answer to in the food code. I recently started (this week) in a contracted coporate food operation as the Chef Manager. Upon getting to know the place on my first day I encountered several violations of food handling; i.e. food that had been cooked and reused several times over a couple days, food that was obviously bad like molded,...
Good Afternoon All, So I am a professional chef whose baking skills aren't great. I am currently mentoring a high school culinary team for an upcoming competition. We are trying to make fried dessert ravioli with Tiramisu flavored Mascarpone cheese to stuff it. The problem is when we fry them the mascarpone separates and becomes dangerously hot, when you bite into it. I burnt my lip on it.. LOL So do you have any suggestions for what type of filling we could use?...
Actually I am in a Marine Corps Facility and we have just implemented a new master menu. There hasn't been any training for it and as a civilian contractor we are sorta putting this together on the fly. But I do appreciate the information and the next time the Army comes to inspect I will ask for a copy of the TM. Thanks for the heads up!
Humm.. Ok.. Well this is my dilemma... I work in a Marine Corps dining facility (Chow hall for those who are familiar) and we make portions in the hundreds at one shot. So with this Banana Cream Pie recipe we would need approximately 10-12# of bananas. My dilemma is won't the bananas get crushed if we put even just a couple pounds in the kettle? Also and again I am sorry for the somewhat amateurish questions but i *really* don't bake :) The liquid is milk, and to...
Cool.. So forgive me.. I am not good in the bakery department.. Would we blanch them in boiling water? Or some other type of liquid? Thanks for your help
Hello Forums! I know about the lemon juice/acid tricks to keep things from turning brown.. Our concern is if we add acid to the bananas it would degrade the cream pie filling which is made from scratch using milk, sugar, eggs cornstarch, etc. So when my baker is adding the bananas fresh as they are being cut they end up brown in the pie. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Frizbee