or Connect

Posts by Chocolat

I'm a graduate of École Férrandi. It cost me 1500euro plus living expense for both school and internship period, which is about 12 months. I wish I should have gone to French Pastry School in Chicago. The intensity and the quality of program at FPS is much better. EF is for people, who have lose idea in the pastry industry but want to to do something with it.   I thought about FPS but studying in France might me bring something more. The answer is "No". If you are an...
Hi Laroux81,    Please don't get confused by the program Khuramm has mentioned.Those programs are specially arranged between the schools in the US and Ferrandi. Those students are kind of exchange students and are treated differently. For example, they can study in the program for about 3 months with other young French students, who have to pass C.A.P. exam.  The 5 months pastry program for non-French people is the one I'm in now. I don't know why anglophone pastry...
Dear Everyone,   I totally against  Khurram's recommendation of Ecole Ferrandi's pastry program. I can tell you because I'm in the program right now. First of all, the chef walks out from the classroom after the demonstration. It is supposed to be 75% hands on program. Yes, we have to be working by ourselves without the chef. The chef is not interested in teaching the spirit of the French pastry making. He is not demanding at all thus the entire class is so relaxed...